Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Jeggis

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
When I try to jailbreak my iphone 4 with the latest version of redsn0w, I get this message: 'missing keys.plist data for this build'. I have iOS 6 installed on my phone.
Any ideas what causes the problem and how to fix it? This is the first time I'm jailbreaking and don't know much about it yet.
Thanks.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you have to do the longer method.
Im not much help on ios6 though. Sorry
Someone else will be able to help

anon(4788830)

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm having the same problem. I restored my phone twice thru itunes, repeated and still nothing. Not sure what to do but I'm sure since my phone is factory right now, it shouldn't be missing keys.plist data. I can't even force restore my phone with redsnow either. I have to restore the whole thing with itunes all over again. Please help us someone! lol

Greg Berdit

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
1. exit Redsn0w, and unplug device
2. plug device back in, enter DFU mode, do not open Redsn0w yet.
3. if have not done extract Redsn0w file to a location such as desktop.
4. right click/ properties/ compatibility, check run as administration service pack 3
5. open Redsn0w/ Extras –>Select IPSW –> select the 6.0 IPSW
6. Go back, Jailbreak and install Cydia and then once the jailbreak is done and phone booted on, turn off your phone.
7. Exit Redsn0w, unplug your device, plug it back in and put the phone into DFU mode! Open Redsn0w!
8. In Redsn0w go to extras –>select IPSW (6.0).
9. Extras –>Just Boot>>

zzyzzgy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to follow the instructions, but I cannot plug in the device and then put it into DFU mode. As soon as I tether the phone it turns on and when I try the DFU procedure I get a picture of a USB and iTunes. I have disabled the automatic start to iTunes.

I can get to the pineapple. When that's resolved and phone goes back on Cydia is not there. I can see it in iFunBox, but it's not listed as an application - cannot install it.

Any more help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Greg Berdit

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
To me sounds like you may be getting messed up at stage 6 to my previous post.
"6. Go back, Jailbreak and install Cydia and then once the jailbreak is done and phone booted on, turn off your phone."- This means after you select the 6.0 ISPW from the extra tab, you then hit back tab and leaving the extra menu and back to the main. This is the part where you jailbreak and install Cydia. after completing that you would then...

7. Exit Redsn0w, unplug your device, plug it back in and put the phone into DFU mode! Open Redsn0w!
9. Extras –>Just Boot>>

- - - Updated - - -

nsgentian- Your welcome man, that's cool of you, thanks for assuring other victims this is indeed a legit fix!
WatchMe Complain- I am taking donations if you have an extra mil or two laying around, you welcome, thanks for reply.

zzyzzgy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. But I've been doing that step correctly (AFAIK). When I get to Step 7, I Exit RedSn0w, unplug my device, plug it back it, BUT then as I plug it back in the Apple logo immediately pops up as it immediately powers up, so I can't hold down the Power button, etc to do the DFU startup. Is there a way to disable the phone from powering up when the USB is plugged in? Thanks

Last edited:

Greg Berdit

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think your in DFU mode, I think it may be power button issue. I had this same problem last week with a 3GS. Try restarting your PC, because as soon as I did that it worked the very next try, not saying it has anything to do with it but dose not hurt. Restore your phone and either wait for un-tethered, I believe it will be just before Christmas or day of! or after restore try putting into DFU. Based off the fact of the USB --> iTunes, your not in DFU, that is recovery mode, there is a difference. If it goes into recovery mode USB--> iTunes then I think you need to recover before you can be in DFU mode. then when phone is restrored, off and plugged in Try to put in DFU mode, If it does not work keep trying and trying and trying. It took me 3 hours to get 3 GS in DFU mode with a faulty power button. So if you have patients to keep doing this over and over tell DFU hits then, i from experience know you can get it. that being said, this is a tethered jailbreak, every time you reboot your idevice you will need to be in DFU mode to turn phone back on. if your having problems getting in DFU I advise that you wait for an un-tethered break.

Samet Arifi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Greg ,

Please help me, I enter the DFU mode, but when I go to : 5. open Redsn0w/ Extras –>Select IPSW –> select the 6.0 IPSW , i cannot find 6.0 IPSW, it opens a window and says :browse for IPSW, i'm totally stuck , I cannot find it.

Thanks man,

Last edited:

karina heisedahl

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Say Greg

Do you have any experience using Mobile Spy for iPhone 4 (GSM) version 6.0.1? I cant make it work, since Cydia wont open after installing...

Thanks for your earlier posts, very helpful.

Karina

Last edited:

Hafiz Hosein

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. exit Redsn0w, and unplug device
2. plug device back in, enter DFU mode, do not open Redsn0w yet.
3. if have not done extract Redsn0w file to a location such as desktop.
4. right click/ properties/ compatibility, check run as administration service pack 3
5. open Redsn0w/ Extras –>Select IPSW –> select the 6.0 IPSW
6. Go back, Jailbreak and install Cydia and then once the jailbreak is done and phone booted on, turn off your phone.
9. Extras –>Just Boot>>

Do what greg said there......

Greg Berdit

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
you need to download the files. get them from...

iOS 6 IPSW [Direct Download Links]

After file downloaded then you will be able to select it and download.let me know how it goes...

- - - Updated - - -

So Cydia has to be running for mobile spy. I have it. where are you on jailbreaking progress. we need to Cydia on there for step one. But sounds like its on there but wont open right?

- - - Updated - - -

o seu bem-vindos meu amigo

karina heisedahl

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Greg, once again.

I have the iOS6 IPSW file and i have Cydia installed on the phone, and it works fine. It's the next step that is giving me a hard time. I try to install Mobile Spy but when i'm done installing, Cydia wont open and I'm stuck with nothing... I've tried several times, but always the same result...

Hope you can help me to take the next step and make it work :)

I've just finished jailbreaking again and haven't done anything in Cydia yet, just in case...

Karina

Beebler

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I keep gettin the Pineapple coming up, but my phone either goes white screen or it stays slightly backlit but nothing ever comes up. Any Ideas? It also keeps going back to the stupid recovery mode crap after step 6 and after I get the Pineapple load. And now I got a blue screen. Am I the only one having problems with this?

Last edited:

Greg Berdit

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
To get rid of the blue screen,

1. recovery mode
2. Have the iOS that was on the jailbreak when the blue screen appeared. from iTunes hold shift, left click restore and select same file as before selected. restore.

Beebler

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It came back on after it died, but I still just get a white screen when it goes to boot and itunes ins't recognizing my phone now. So Itunes is seeing my phone, but I'm just back to the recovery loop and when I try to restore with 5.1.1 it gives me error 3194.

Last edited:

Kenny Bull

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
well i have an ipod updated and all to the newest one and i still cant jail break using this method it just says the error msg bullchit like the guys phone duz and there is no ipsw or what ever to click :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711