Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Beebler

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WOOOOO Finally got it to work using snowbreeze to make a custom ipsw and restoring in DFU mode through iTunes. I had to use 6.0.1 since everything else was giving me error 3194.

Jen Wood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
okay so I did everything, and now theres a bunch of stock apps gone from my home screen, and no cydia, I'm lost o_O what do I do? and WHY DID IT KEEP THAT PIECE OF CRAP NEWSSTAND?!?!?! XDDD

Jon Macbeth

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
ok dude, this sounds pretty legit. except.... ok let me start from the top. i have the latest version of redsnow. when i right click (i am runnins windows xp sp3) and i go to compatibility i do not have the option for xp sp3. only 95, nt sp5, and 2000. wtf!!??

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok dude, this sounds pretty legit. except.... ok let me start from the top. i have the latest version of redsnow. when i right click (i am runnins windows xp sp3) and i go to compatibility i do not have the option for xp sp3. only 95, nt sp5, and 2000. wtf!!??

If you are running XP SP3, you don't need compatibility mode, that's for people on Windows Vista/7/8.

Rasec fiftyfour

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
to karina heisedahl

your Iphone have to be jailbroken with 5.1.1 so you can install mobile spy 6.0.1 ok if you iphone is update to 6.0 to grader your mobile spy will not work

colt29708

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My iPod still displays the message: Missing Keys.plist data for this build when I even try to INSTALL Cydia. Also the iPod 6.0/6.0.1 restore doesn't work when I go to Extras --> Select IPSW - Anyone, help is appreciated :)

TragicVision

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I deliberately registered to this site just to give thanks for the stellar advice here. I managed to do it slightly (only slightly different, mind) on my second reboot but there was a lot of unplugging and exiting redsn0w just to get it back up and running (even went into a recovery loop at one stage - I've bricked 10's of iPhones, they never faze me). Patience is definitely the key with this method

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I deliberately registered to this site just to give thanks for the stellar advice here. I managed to do it slightly (only slightly different, mind) on my second reboot but there was a lot of unplugging and exiting redsn0w just to get it back up and running (even went into a recovery loop at one stage - I've bricked 10's of iPhones, they never faze me). Patience is definitely the key with this method

literally impossible to brick an iDevice.

seriously, if the hardware on the device is functioning there is at no time any way you can put an idevice into a state where it cannot be recovered.

Simon Semon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
1. exit Redsn0w, and unplug device
2. plug device back in, enter DFU mode, do not open Redsn0w yet.
3. if have not done extract Redsn0w file to a location such as desktop.
4. right click/ properties/ compatibility, check run as administration service pack 3
5. open Redsn0w/ Extras ?>Select IPSW ?> select the 6.0 IPSW
6. Go back, Jailbreak and install Cydia and then once the jailbreak is done and phone booted on, turn off your phone.
7. Exit Redsn0w, unplug your device, plug it back in and put the phone into DFU mode! Open Redsn0w!
8. In Redsn0w go to extras ?>select IPSW (6.0).
9. Extras ?>Just Boot>>

you are a GENIUS

Many thanks
:D

TragicVision

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
literally impossible to brick an iDevice.

seriously, if the hardware on the device is functioning there is at no time any way you can put an idevice into a state where it cannot be recovered.

'Literally'? Sorry, wording is different. I used/use the word, 'brick' synonymously there through misuse of the term. Won't happen again, Sir. Sorry, Sir :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR