Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4 'missing keys.plist data for this build'

Greg Berdit

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak did not work! Do it again! if does not work, restore, then do again. When Cydia is on your iDevice you will be able to remove News Stand from Cydia App.

clos86

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Need help jail breaking my iPhone 4

I have downloaded redsnow the latest version and iPhone restore Ipsw cause I need to downgrade my phone cause its at 6.0 buts it's brand new got it yesterday. What do I do n need to jailbrake it and unlock it to use it wit tmobile pls help... By the way it's for an iPhone 4 n I'm using a Mac to do this

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need help jail breaking my iPhone 4

I have downloaded redsnow the latest version and iPhone restore Ipsw cause I need to downgrade my phone cause its at 6.0 buts it's brand new got it yesterday. What do I do n need to jailbrake it and unlock it to use it wit tmobile pls help... By the way it's for an iPhone 4 n I'm using a Mac to do this

out of luck dude, you need to have blobs to downgrade.
so you are stuck with the tethered jailbreak

Last edited:

bazknight

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
after downloading the IOS6 file from here, redsn0w does not find it, when it was unzip all i got were lots of files, not even the logo that is shown on all off the tutorials...help please!

sensei turk

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and I tried it over and over again, but always was given that missing data quote. As a last ditch effort I switch to the previous version of Redsn0w, the beta 2 version, and it worked perfectly without an issue. try using the 2nd beta and see if it works.

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I'm jailbreaking and don't know much about it yet.
16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

10.jpg

Justin Mccluskey

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i do all the steps.. I get all the way to the end and the pineapple comes up on my iphone.. But then it just flickers off and the apple symbol just comes right back.. Ive gotten "missing keys" and "error 1600" so far. Is my iphone just broken? Cause i have an ipod classic and it it goes to the welcome screen but right as i get past it, it does pretty much the same thing: flickers off and starts right back at the apple symbol to the welcome.. Ugh i hope not cause i just got this iphone from a friend! Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any replies :)

ckstyre

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Greg, I've tried your step by step 5 different times now. When I try to manually select my IPSW redsn0w tells me each time that it's not compatible. When I try the jailbreak....each and every time run as an administrator I get the missing keys.plist error. It's an iPhone 4 and I've downloaded the proper IPSW and have redsn0w 0.9.15b3 which is what I've been told continually to use. It's still not working.

coupedevil

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Greg, you HERO !!!
I had some nasty issue's with poor GPS reception in my Tomtom navigation sinds i upgraded to iOs 6.0.1 and the Snowbreeze JB.
Nothing worked and i've tried a lot of things.

I whiped the whole phone clean and started all over aiming for the Redsn0w JB.
Tried all kind of workarounds to get rid of the 'missing keys.plist data for this build' error, but noting worked untill i found your solution !!!!!!
So i tought i would be nice to register here and write a little THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! note :))

Thanks for your help and effort. You made me a very happy person tonight.

Wolf72886

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm having a weird issue with this, I've tried doing the steps and here is what has happened to me, i run redsn0w and get the missing keylist error, i've downloaded two ipsw files (one for 6.0.1 and one for 6.0.0 after determining which ones were needed depending on the model number) I tried using the 6.0.1 ipsw file and it says incompatable with redsn0w, but it reconizes the 6.0.0, so i jailbreak it using that ipsw and it goes through the process of installing then gets stuck at a repeating "please wait" for about 10-15 minutes then reboots, no cydia to be seen, i shut it off and try to boot using the remaining steps and the screen comes up with a pineapple for about 5-10 minutes, then restarts and comes up with the normal apple icon and then nothing, no cydia installed or anything

EDIT: Nevermind, I am a complete idiot, turns out I was using the wrong ipsw. I was using the one for just the normal iphone 4 when I should have been using the one for the GSM model

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234