Hi, I have an Iphone 3gs that is jailbroken and cydia installed. I wanted to use a theme but i have no sim card. i have done research on installing themes and there does seem to be a way to get them on cydia, but not to install them. i figured to use my themes i need to install winterboard. Thus is my question, How do i install winterboard on my iphone without a sim card? I really need help and fast!
    10-24-2012 04:18 PM
    you seem to be confused young grasshopper....
    no sim card is needed.
    since you have cydia, and you have winterbaord i am going to assume you know you can use cydia to get themes. once you have the theme you will open your winterboard app and then select the theme you wanted to use.
    if you have created your own theme you would have to get the theme you created onto your idevice, and then place it in the proper location. (var/stash/themes) then again open winterboard app and select your themes
    sim card is not part of the situation here
    10-24-2012 04:58 PM
    A movie is worth much more than a thousand words

10-24-2012 07:53 PM
    The thing is that when i put a theme in that folder or install it through cider 2 and reboot my device...winterboard just shows me a blank screen for a second and goes back to the iphone menu. i installed winterboard and themes via cider 2, might i have done something wrong? If so can you teach me how to do it right? I do see winterboard on my services but when i click it i can't install it! i am completely clueless and need help! By the way i am on ios 6.
    10-25-2012 04:55 PM
    If I had to guess, I'd bet you're trying to use an older version of Winterboard. See here and double check that you are using the updated, iOS 6 compatible, version: ijailbreak.com/cydia/winterboard-0-9-3999-cydia-tweak-ios-6/

Also: why are you using Cider? Why not just install via Cydia?
    10-25-2012 07:49 PM