Hello new to the site and I've been reading the forums here and other info on the web for the last few days, looking for answers on how to to do this.I'm located in Canada and the phone is currently connected to the Rogers network. I've found Absinthe 2.0.4 to deal with the untethered jailbreak but, first I have to revert back to the iOS 5.1 version from what I've read and have had no luck with the unlocking aspect. I understand the SAM software method no longer works to unlock an iPhone, as that exploit has been closed for some time.

I always find it difficult when trying to learn something new in that a lot of info for procedures like this are not current and you waste a lot of time reading about old info on how to do something, only to stumble on to another site that states the option no longer works. I know things like this are all about reading, learning and reading some more, as I dabble in the FTA world, where I rely on information from the web as well. I'm a lot more versed in that arena and I know that some of the info I see is no longer valid or true but, nonetheless the info is still there to possibly mislead people who are new, though not intentionally. Any way I thought I'd ask in the event I'm missing something.

I've seen on E-bay where they are asking like $20 for T-mobile unlocks etc but, when you select Rogers the lowest price I found was like $120. OUCH!!!!!. Are there currently no FREE methods to unlock the 4S iphone, like there is for the jailbreak?

Thanks to all in advance, for any help you might offer.

Cheers

Shark1959
    10-23-2012 01:37 PM
    No free ways, sorry.
    Either try your luck with the original carrier and see if they can unlock it, swap the phone for an unlocked one or one on your carrier, or try one of these unlocking services.

- - - Updated - - -

No free ways, sorry.
    Either try your luck with the original carrier and see if they can unlock it, swap the phone for an unlocked one or one on your carrier, or try one of these unlocking services.
    10-23-2012 04:26 PM
    Thanks for your reply iDonev I was beginning to wonder with 80+ views if I was going to get one You mentioned try these services but there was nothing listed in your reply.

Cheers

Shark1959

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply iDonev, I was beginning to wonder with 80+ views if I was going to get one You mentioned try these services but, there was nothing listed in your reply.

Cheers

Shark1959
    10-23-2012 04:45 PM
    I was referring to the $120 ones you mentioned in your original post.

Personally I've never used such kinds of unlocks so I can't give any recommendations when it comes to price/trustworthiness.
    If $120 is the cheapest you can find, I'd consider selling the current device and investing those $120 towards a factory unlocked one.

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to the $120 ones you mentioned in your original post.

Personally I've never used such kinds of unlocks so I can't give any recommendations when it comes to price/trustworthiness.
    If $120 is the cheapest you can find, I'd consider selling the current device and investing those $120 towards a factory unlocked one.
    10-23-2012 04:56 PM