unstable/buggy/crashy iphone

songsforpolarbears

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My iphone has become rather 'unstable' (I hope I have used the correct term there, what I mean is apps crashing often, OS occasional crash).

I am running a jailbroken iphone 4s. 5.0.1.

Has it become more unstable because a) its jailbroken and b) because its an old OS & as I update apps it doesn't run as smoothly?

My question is, what is my best option to correct this unstable behaviour?

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Reboot... and if you're still having issues - update to iOS 5.1.1 and keep the jailbreak, or iOS6 - and go stock.

songsforpolarbears

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Reboot... and if you're still having issues - update to iOS 5.1.1 and keep the jailbreak, or iOS6 - and go stock.

Thank you very much. Yes, I've tried rebooting a few times. No better.

So I can update to 5.1.1 and keep my jailbreak can I? I've only every jailbreaked the once so don't have much experience on this issue.

Thank you very much for your help

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't think you can upgrade to 5.1.1 as Apples servers have stopped validating 5.1.1. It will deny it or ask you to upgrade to 6.0 on a 4 or 4s

Sent from my iPhone 4

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Thank you very much. Yes, I've tried rebooting a few times. No better.

So I can update to 5.1.1 and keep my jailbreak can I? I've only every jailbreaked the once so don't have much experience on this issue.

Thank you very much for your help

You can't upgrade to 5.1.1 because u never had that OS therefor u don't have the shsh blobs saved. If u restore, ur only option is to go to iOS 6.

songsforpolarbears

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.

>Has it become more unstable because a) its jailbroken and b) because its an old OS & as I update apps it doesn't run as smoothly?

Are my suspicions correct? or is it hard to say why an Iphone may become unstable over time?

Thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

>Has it become more unstable because a) its jailbroken and b) because its an old OS & as I update apps it doesn't run as smoothly?

Are my suspicions correct? or is it hard to say why an Iphone may become unstable over time?

Thank you very much.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Consider saving your SHSH blobs (if you haven't done already) and restore to 5.0.1, set the phone up as new and start fresh.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider saving your SHSH blobs (if you haven't done already) and restore to 5.0.1, set the phone up as new and start fresh.