jailbroke iphone 4 and 3gs, no cydia!!

jdubg23

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
i tried jailbreaking my wife and our phones, to use miwi... the process seemed to work. got all the right icons and no errors... but neither of us has cydia!!! we used red0wn 9.15b1 and we have ios6. why cant we get cydia? and yes I checked the box to install during the jailbreak....

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you reboot? Tethered?
Also miwi is not going to work. You're on iOS 6 and that hasn't been updated yet... :(

jdubg23

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I did reboot tethered, what is the point of jailbreaking if you dont get cydia? is there another way to turn the into a hotspot having ios6 without being at the mercy of the telecommunication cartel?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
sounds like something went wrong... back up, restore as new and rejailbreak that bad boy.... .
and like riddy said, no hotspot tweak... atm, wait a month or so...

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like something went wrong... back up, restore as new and rejailbreak that bad boy.... .
and like riddy said, no hotspot tweak... atm, wait a month or so...

jdubg23

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
so i should see cydia automatically after tethered boot? where would it be? will it move one of my home screen apps or does it go to a side screen?

- - - Updated - - -

so i should see cydia automatically after tethered boot? where would it be? will it move one of my home screen apps or does it go to a side screen?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Go to Spotlight (press the Home button while you're at the home screen) and search for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to Spotlight (press the Home button while you're at the home screen) and search for it.

jdubg23

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

yea thats what i have been doing, no dice..... quite perplexing as everything seems to go fine during the jailbreak....

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the very latest version of redsn0w? To my knowledge all previous ones that are compatible with iOS 6 don't come with Cydia prepackaged. I haven't done the iOS 6 jailbreak myself yet, so I'm not sure which redsn0w version is the latest one.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using the very latest version of redsn0w? To my knowledge all previous ones that are compatible with iOS 6 don't come with Cydia prepackaged. I haven't done the iOS 6 jailbreak myself yet, so I'm not sure which redsn0w version is the latest one.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
the latest install cydia during process.
as stated before something went wrong
restore and rejailbreak

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2