Accessing exchange contacts, mail etc via 2012 server on jailbroken device

rwhite

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Tried to do this but the server detects the iPhone is jailbroken so prohibits the iPhone hooking into server. Is there an app that can fool the server or a check box in the server that will bypass the prohibition ? Have tried googling with no success.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Tried to do this but the server detects the iPhone is jailbroken so prohibits the iPhone hooking into server. Is there an app that can fool the server or a check box in the server that will bypass the prohibition ? Have tried googling with no success.

What server?
Are you talking about the default mail app?
Or a particular server at your work or somewhere?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried that myself, but using iFile to rename Cydia.app to something else might do the trick. The downside is that every time you want to actually use Cydia you'll have to rename it back, otherwise it will create a new Cydia.app.

rwhite

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I just mean accessing my work exchange mail, calendar, tasks & contacts. Our work server has been upgraded to Exchange 2012 and has the capability of detecting a jailbroken iphone ( previous versions of the server software couldn't. ). So I can't access my work mail, contacts etc when I'm jailbroken.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I haven't come across any apps or tweaks that can do what you're looking for. You may have to go back to stock since ur iPhone is on their server. Does ur company pay ur bill or is this ur iPhone?

Update. Did a little more research and there is a way to to this but is highly illegal. Sorry.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
microsoft has locked out jailbroken apple products?
thats confusing, to me!
what your saying is that anybody running email off of a ms server2012 will not be able to access their exchange account if their iphone is jailbroken?
have you tried other exchange apps? instead of just the default mail one?
i know there are 2 in the app store that work

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's an IT policy that's in place to protect against hacks or viruses that they are scared of because the phone is jailbroken. They consider it to be "not secure" which is why you're blocked. I don't see IT losing their job just to disable a feature for ur jb iPhone.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
xcon can help bypass app detecting a jb device, not sure it will bypass IT security detection. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh