Restore 4s to 5.1.1

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a 4s with iOS 5.1.1 and jailbroken. I have my blobs saved. If I get it unlocked by AT&T can I restore it to 5.1.1?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure that this is correct? I was under the assumption that if you were on 5.1.1 AND had blobs, you could restore to 5.1.1. However, if you are on 6, there is no way to go back.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm under the impression that the downgrade is made possible by the limerain exploit, which the 4s is not vulnerable to...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
When he clicks that restore button in iTunes he's going to ios6

this guy, 3cit, sometimes he wrong... go figure....

"iPad3, i4S (and iPad2 owners who don’t satisfy #2) will always be able to RE-restore the current 5.x OS that’s already on their device. So if you’re at 5.1.1 when the window closes (and you’ve saved your blobs), you’ll always be able to RE-restore to 5.1.1 again. This makes the 5.1.1 jailbreak a lot less fragile — you don’t have to worry about messing up your install with funky extensions or getting into a boot loop, because you can always RE-restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 again (or from 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 again, etc). But once you fall off the 5.x train by restoring to 6.x, you’ll be stuck there until the next jailbreak."

info i got from the interwebs

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
shift-restore allows me to pick ispw file

Correct, allowing you have to select the 5.1.1 custom ispw blob stitched firmware you you want. That you made with redsn0w. You can only restore. Not downgrade.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah so apparently you can, so do all the stuff, save your blobs, download a fresh 5.1.1 so you can use redsnow to stitch blobs in and create a custom firmware, then do the shift restore and enjoy your unlock...

sorry for my misinfo before!

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
yeah so apparently you can, so do all the stuff, save your blobs, download a fresh 5.1.1 so you can use redsnow to stitch blobs in and create a custom firmware, then do the shift restore and enjoy your unlock...

sorry for my misinfo before!

Yeah but doing that with an A5 device will only come back with an error, I have tried numerous times and have not been able to get my 4s to downgrade back to 5.1.1

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i just send you a private message but could you send me your shsh blob for iphone 4s 5.1.1 please? I forgot to save mine and now i want to restore but i don't want to update to 6.0! my email is -redacted-

Thank you!

That's a no-no. You can't use someone else's blobs.

Last edited:

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I would delete your email address from the post if I were you. You will be getting a lot of spam emails IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Redsnow has a new official release today...
It supports full "re-restoring" of all devices CURRENTLY RUNNING IOS5 so long as your shsh blobs are saved....
Also it installs a TETHERED JAILBREAK and an official Cydia for ios6 on all A4 devices.

So that's good news if you happen to really mess up your newer device and need to restore it.
Or if you want an unlock

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Redsnow has a new official release today...
It supports full "re-restoring" of all devices CURRENTLY RUNNING IOS5 so long as your shsh blobs are saved....
Also it installs a TETHERED JAILBREAK and an official Cydia for ios6 on all A4 devices.

So that's good news if you happen to really mess up your newer device and need to restore it.
Or if you want an unlock

Not to take the thread too off topic, but are you aware of a tool that can fetch the 5.1.1 blobs from a jailbroken device ( in a similar way as iFaith did for 5.0/5.0.1)?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro