Hi all,

I purchased a second hand 3gs locked to orange uk and without checking it was working jailbroke it. No problem with the jailbreak except after installing ultrasnow it just says searching and then no service. Anyway managed to get it back to stock state on Version 4.1 my firmware by the way is 05.16.07 which is to new I am told. I tried to install the ipad baseband as part of a tutorial to downgrade the firmware but for some reasonit tries to install but I end upwith "Please wait" (in DOS type writing black background) in a loop on my phone and the baseband is not installed.
    Does anyone know why this is happening? I checked my bootrom and it is old bootrom. could the no service be hardware fault? is there a way to check?
    Any help is very welcome.

My ultimate goal is to unlock to Giffgaff.

Thanks all

Greame
    10-02-2012 09:19 AM
    I've had similar issues. Try using a different version of the jailbreak tool (most likely redsn0w) or a different tool altogether.
    10-02-2012 05:33 PM
    I've had similar issues. Try using a different version of the jailbreak tool (most likely redsn0w) or a different tool altogether.
    Thanks for your reply iDonev, yes I have been using redsn0w. What concerns me is that the problem only comes on the phone when the ipad baseband is being installed, so could that mean a fault with the phone rather than the software on the computer? Would you be able to remember what versions/software you used to solve your problem.
    Do you know what causes the searching issue?

Thanks very much Greame
    10-03-2012 03:35 AM
    I used to have the "Please Wait" loop when jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1. So the versions of redsn0w in our cases would be wildly different.
    You can either try using sn0wbreeze (a Windows-only alternative to redsn0w) or start experiments with the betas of rdsn0w that came after he one that's giving you grief.
    10-03-2012 03:42 AM
    I used to have the "Please Wait" loop when jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1. So the versions of redsn0w in our cases would be wildly different.
    You can either try using sn0wbreeze (a Windows-only alternative to redsn0w) or start experiments with the betas of rdsn0w that came after he one that's giving you grief.
    Was your problem when flashing the ipad baseband? Have you ever had the searching thing?
    Cheers
    Greame
    10-03-2012 03:58 AM
    Hi again,
    How do I install the ipadbaseband with sn0wbreeze? Does anyone here know where I can download a Custom ispw with the ipad baseband included (prefer torrent)?
    Can anyone link me to a guide for installing ipad baseband (or a lower one to the one I have) without using redsn0w please?

Thanks
    Greame
    10-03-2012 06:15 AM
    Try following this tutorial.
    10-03-2012 10:47 AM