What is com.apple.itunesstored and lots of data usage?

atlawson

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that for the past few mornings when I wake up that my data is over 800mb for the previous day on WIFI while the phone charged overnight. I am using data monitor tweak to report this. I am not streaming or anything and nothing has changed on the phone no do I use icloud backup. I installed iNetUsage to track which app is downloading all the data at night. The app is reporting back com.apple.itunesstored as downloading over 400mb last night. So far I am about 11 days in to my month and wifi data is over 4gb and normally I only use about 3gb for the entire month.

Can someone please help me in figuring out the problem or if there is one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to help in this matter but HERE is some information that you may be interested in.

rat tat tat

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
i think im facing a similar issue. i started to notice this happening yesterday. didnt really pay attention to it before. when i go into var/mobile/media/downloads folder i see an anonymous folder and file. the file size inside the folder increases close to the same amount. it disappears afterwards. its weird that it only happens every single time when i reboot my phone, connected to the notebook, and on wireless connection with cellular data turned off. another user suggested it maybe an OTA v6.0 update. whether it maybe the case or not. still not a clue what it is. puzzles me as well.
Phone type: iPhone 4S (v5.1.1)

sybymeza.jpg
upytanyz.jpg

atlawson

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You know you may be right about the OTA download. I started noticing the data usage about the same time IOS6 was dropped. I have yet to get an update notice on my phone, but that may be from being jailbroke. If that is the case I wonder if it will eventually stop???

rat tat tat

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
i question the same thing. even now it is still doing the same. even with an OTA update, it shouldnt show 800 megs each time it has a wifi connection. iOS6 i believe itself is between 800-900 megs.

atlawson

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I turned my auto download for app store off and still have a large download. iNetUsage is showing 626.10mb downloaded by the com.apple.itunesstored last night around 1 am. Just curios to see what it is thats being downloaded

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh