Glasklart Icon Locations...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Glasklart HD theme installed via Cydia, but not all of the icons are updated. For instance, my Tweetings icon is still the stock icon, but I did find a Glasklart icon that I would like to use instead..but I dont know where to look for these files/icons on the phone (using either iFile on the phone, or iFunBox on my desktop)...

Has anyone successfully added Glasklart-themed icons to your Glasklart theme?

C0A9011F-1D93-4F4A-8CB2-1D4C0120F43B-3362-000001FFD51BCB23.jpg

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I installed AppInfo but that still doesn't help me figure out where the icons are so I can install a custom Icon. Does anyone have this theme installed and have installed custom icons?

Thanks!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Using ifile when you fists start it you will be at var/private/mobile, just hit the top left button to go back to /var then go to /stash then /themes then /glasskart
So...
/var/stash/themes/glasskart

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so using AppInfo, I was able to search for an App that I know has a Glasklart icon, such as Tweetbot. I found the App ID and the icon name under the Themes/Bundles.
So. it looks like I have to create a new bundle for Tweetings (using the App ID found using the AppInfo app) and drop the bundle into the /var/stash/themes/glasklart icons.theme folder..

thanks everyone for the help..

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Success! While I still have to make an "official" Tweetings icon, I was at least able to create a Bundle and add a "twitter-type" icon to the home screen... now at least it's not so out of place!

A79E5092-E1D3-4B21-8891-8345195FC67C-4125-000002C90503BE1A.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
go to that previously mentioned file location,
/var/stash/themes/glasskart
then within there create a folder for the application icon you are theming (i.x twitter.app) then within that newly created folder place your new icons named "icon@2x.png"

girliegirl350z

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
if i downloaded an icon pack from the internet and ive gotten it into my /var/stash/themes folder how do i get the icons to change? Im having such a difficult time.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
if i downloaded an icon pack from the internet and ive gotten it into my /var/stash/themes folder how do i get the icons to change? Im having such a difficult time.

Your close!
The icon pack that you downloaded, does it just contain .png files? Or does it contain folders?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
one thing you have to make sure is to get the bundle correctly identified.

As an example. If I wanted to change the icon for the Twitter App, i need to find out what the ID is of the app and what the icon name is.

So using the AppInfo app, find the Twitter app and click on it. It will bring up a window showing things like version, folder, etc.

What you need to make note of is the ID and the IconFiles name.

For Twitter, the id would be com.atebits.Tweetie2
the IconFile name would most likely be iconproduction@2x.png

Now, using iFile, go into the theme bundles you want to add the icon to. In this case, we'll stick with the Glasklart theme:

var/stash/Themes.xxxxx (you'll see some extension letters after theme)/Glasklart Icons.theme
then select Bundles
Once in Bundles, select "edit" in top right and then click on the + sign at the bottom left.

Create your own bundle (it's just a directory name) using the EXACT ID of the icon you want to create, in our example it was Twitter.. so create a folder called: com.atebits.Tweetie2
Once this has been created copy your icon into this folder and rename it iconproduction@2x.png

That's all there is to it.

Just remember that you need to create the bundle using the EXACT ID listed for the app that you found using AppInfo.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen