Question...

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got 5.0.1 saved in my computer as iPhone 4 version, would it work to downgrade a 4S from iOS 6?

No buddy, you have to use 4s software and you can't downgrade a 4s because apple's server won't allow it. You are stuck at iOS 6 I'm afraid until there is a jailbreak available.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
No buddy, you have to use 4s software and you can't downgrade a 4s because apple's server won't allow it. You are stuck at iOS 6 I'm afraid until there is a jailbreak available.

Ahh that stinks. I was jailbroken until the day iOS 6 came out and wanted to try it before I got my iPhone 5, got the iPhone 5, didn't like it, got a 4S, and now I'm desperate for my jailbreak back. Battery life is dramatically better, NCSettings, BiteSMS, and BytaFont are worth the loss of iOS 6.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
actually, i THINK Apple is still signing 5.1.1. if so, you can downgrade to that and jailbreak

time is not your side though

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Didn't like the 5?? Wanted a 4s???
Um...
I'm sorry, WHAT??!!?!!??

3cit, trying to install Cydia via ssh on terminal for windows. Once connection has been established what do I type again?

Cheers buddy

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
3cit, trying to install Cydia via ssh on terminal for windows. Once connection has been established what do I type again?

Cheers buddy

I found the code line that I need to input, but I can't cut and paste. Therefore I have to type it and I can't work out with the beginning bit if it's a zero or a naught. I'm struggling a bit with it.

Will let you know when I crack it.

P.S. sorry for hi jacking this thread. For some reason I've lost all my participated threads in tapatalk. Not sure if that has happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
actually, i THINK Apple is still signing 5.1.1. if so, you can downgrade to that and jailbreak

time is not your side though

I've got 2 hours until I get off, if the unfortunate coincidence occurs that they stop signing it before then ill be livid lol.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I found the code line that I need to input, but I can't cut and paste. Therefore I have to type it and I can't work out with the beginning bit if it's a zero or a naught. I'm struggling a bit with it.

P.S. sorry for hi jacking this thread. For some reason I've lost all my participated threads in tapatalk. Not sure if that has happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

No problem. Not sure, that sounds odd.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Didn't like the 5?? Wanted a 4s???
Um...
I'm sorry, WHAT??!!?!!??

I paid retail for the 32gb with Verizon. Yes it was a great phone, the LTE and screen in particular, but my battery died quick so I didn't utilize LTE and it just wasn't worth "retail price" (which was $786.45) in changes to me. So I sold it for $800 and picked up a 4S 32gb for $375 and used the rest to catch up on some bills. :) I'm content.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh

After wget -q -"capital o" (not zero)
However If you are are able to use your mouse and copy the text to clipboard, you can "paste" it into terminal by right clicking in terminal window and pasting, or you can just hit cntrl+v I paste it. On windows seven you can use the mouse pointer inside the terminal window to right click and paste

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh

After wget -q -"capital o" (not zero)
However If you are are able to use your mouse and copy the text to clipboard, you can "paste" it into terminal by right clicking in terminal window and pasting, or you can just hit cntrl+v I paste it. On windows seven you can use the mouse pointer inside the terminal window to right click and paste

Thanks buddy! Cracked it. Half of Cydia still needs updating. But it's got what I need work.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks buddy! Cracked it. Half of Cydia still needs updating. But it's got what I need work.

So you have an iPhone 4 on iOS 6 jailbroken??
Can you confirm (or more probably deny actually) hat some other guy is saying, that this is an untethered jailbreak??? If I remember correctly he is claiming that he (his mom) has an iphone4 and it's not tethered...

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So you have an iPhone 4 on iOS 6 jailbroken??
Can you confirm (or more probably deny actually) hat some other guy is saying, that this is an untethered jailbreak??? If I remember correctly he is claiming that he (his mom) has an iphone4 and it's not tethered...

No way buddy, it's semi-tethered. Not un-tethered.

Maybe this guy doesn't understand the difference of un-tethered and semi-tethered.

Def mate, it's semi-tethered. You need to tether boot to allow jailbreak data to work.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I figured as much... Now that bite is out in beta for ios6, I might make the jump!!!!

It still needs some work buddy because there is a lot of stuff in Cydia that needs updating. So I've used my blob to go back to 5.1.1 and once the dev team update redsn0w properly then I will go back to ios 6 jailbroken semi tetjered again as there is so much that doesn't work 100 percent properly yet anyway. Up you pal, but it was a fun exercise. Let me know what you decided to do in the end, but I'm back on the iOS 5.1.1 fence again.

Cheers

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I figured as much... Now that bite is out in beta for ios6, I might make the jump!!!!

Also I've lost all my participated threads in tapatalk. Is anyone else having this same issue. Lost the lot! It's really made things tough for me to find my precious threads.

Any ideas any one.

Thanks

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah everyone lost their participated stuff when imore did a huge haul over of its forum. The online version is WAY different now. It affected tapatalk

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah everyone lost their participated stuff when imore did a huge haul over of its forum. The online version is WAY different now. It affected tapatalk

Oh yeah,

Just checked there site! Looks cool, but I'm gutted that I lost all my participated threads.

Oh well!

Has that guy admitted that he doesn't have an un-tethered iOS 6 jailbreak yet. Been away for a few days, so not up to date with the the latest thread.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW