I had a iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 - I went to reset and upgrade to iOS 6 via iTunes Mac - to hopefully remove the jailbreak as well. iOS 6 downloaded but progress bar on iPhone screen stuck at 3/4 for several times. Have retried a few times, same problem. Won't go into dfu mode - just switches off, on, apple then iTunes/USB screen.
    Cam someone please help??
    09-22-2012 03:10 AM
    Try putting it into dfu mode and plug into iTunes and set up as a new iPhone
    09-22-2012 08:50 AM
    I had a iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 - I went to reset and upgrade to iOS 6 via iTunes Mac - to hopefully remove the jailbreak as well. iOS 6 downloaded but progress bar on iPhone screen stuck at 3/4 for several times. Have retried a few times, same problem. Won't go into dfu mode - just switches off, on, apple then iTunes/USB screen.
    Cam someone please help??
    Have you tried tiny umbrella or redsn0w to go into DFU mode?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    09-22-2012 09:59 AM
    Phew, sorted
    Finally got into dfu mode after trial and error and getting the timing right.
    For anyone with the same problem - restore with iTunes when the phone is in dfu mode ie. black screen (not apple or iTunes symbols).
    09-22-2012 11:08 AM
    Phew, sorted
    Finally got into dfu mode after trial and error and getting the timing right.
    For anyone with the same problem - restore with iTunes when the phone is in dfu mode ie. black screen (not apple or iTunes symbols).
    I'm glad things turned out well for you.
    09-22-2012 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD