Help upgrading to 6.0 with JB 4s on 5.0.1

oscarahj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a little different than the previous post. I'm on Verizon and my iPhone is not unlocked.

Can anyone help me get around the error 3194 that I receive when I try to upgrade to iOS 6.0? As I stated, I'm on a 4s running 5.0.1 - jailbroken using Absinthe. There is so many things that are out there and I don't know where to start. Tiny Umbrella? Factory reset (which doesn't work - I still get the same 3194 error)?

Please help. Caution: relative noob with some rooting experience on Android.

Thanks a lot!

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a little different than the previous post. I'm on Verizon and my iPhone is not unlocked.

Can anyone help me get around the error 3194 that I receive when I try to upgrade to iOS 6.0? As I stated, I'm on a 4s running 5.0.1 - jailbroken using Absinthe. There is so many things that are out there and I don't know where to start. Tiny Umbrella? Factory reset (which doesn't work - I still get the same 3194 error)?

Please help. Caution: relative noob with some rooting experience on Android.

Thanks a lot!

How are you updating to IOS 6. That error occurs when you are trying to downgrade and apple dis allows it.

Have you tried doing an over the air update in settings in your phone? This should work. ;)

oscarahj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The OTA gives me an error. It gets to the part where it should be installing it and then I receive an error message. I've tried several times telling me it can't do it "at this time".

If I were to go the DFU route, does it really need to be done on an itunes account on a different computer? Oh, and is this the same as "restore mode". I think I may have tried this method already. Is there another option if so?

Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The OTA gives me an error. It gets to the part where it should be installing it and then I receive an error message. I've tried several times telling me it can't do it "at this time".

If I were to go the DFU route, does it really need to be done on an itunes account on a different computer? Oh, and is this the same as "restore mode". I think I may have tried this method already. Is there another option if so?

Thanks, guys!

That error is something to do with apple signing. I'm thinking you host file may have been changed or something. So the easiest way is try another computer.

Just thinking about it. Have you updates iTunes?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oscarahj

oscarahj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, guys!

DFU Mode and using a different computer with itunes worked. I'm restoring from an iCloud backup for now. Will try to restore with a more recent backup on my own computer later today.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods