iPhone 3GS no signal/searching iOS 5.1.1

xpr0rod

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey
First of all, i've been searching for an answer to this issue for like 1 year. I had my idevice unlocked (bought in UK and used in Portugal) and I upgraded it to iOS 5.1.1 but I couldnt activate it. My iPhone was frozen, I couldnt do anything with it. BUT, i moved 2 weeks ago to the UK and tried to activate it with the original carrier (O2) and didnt work. Well, I jailbroke it and it's activated now (using redsn0w). The iPhone is working like a iPodTouch. Oh, and don't ask me why but I unlocked it, I know I didn't need to, but, whatever.
The issue is, i insert the original carrier sim card (O2) and it's recognized, but it's "searching" and getting "no service".

Baseband: 06.15.00 (yes, it was built before the 32th week of 2011, i bought it in 2010 I think)
iOS: 5.1.1 (jailbroken and unlocked)

By the way, in general settings, it recognizes the SIM card and the carrier (O2 12.0).

Basically, no signal or searching. What can I do ?

Cheers mates

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That baseband is the iPad baseband, so I don't know if it has something to do with that. You say you unlocked it. How? Using ultrasn0w? Did you upgrade the baseband to the iPad baseband via Redsn0w?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

xpr0rod

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's iPad baseband i know. Don't know if it has something do to with that. I could downgrade the baseband, but I need opinions about it...
EDIT: And yes, I unlocked it via ultrasn0w. I know it's unlocked because when I put my portuguese SIM card, it's recognized and asks me the pin code. But after I put the pin, same issue, searching or no service...

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well you won't get signal if u didn't apply the 5.1.1 fix first that's why I asked ..
If your sure you did it right and still a no go look into red snow to downgrade your bb off of the iPad one to another unlockable one

xpr0rod

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Well you won't get signal if u didn't apply the 5.1.1 fix first that's why I asked ..
If your sure you did it right and still a no go look into red snow to downgrade your bb off of the iPad one to another unlockable one

But I don't need it unlocked, i need it to have signal. The iPhone has de original carrier sim card inserted and it gets no signal.