Free AT&T iPhone Carrier Unlock + Lock Status Check Everyday On iMore Forum

ettobi

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Dude,

I was very skeptical just like you.
this guy unlocked my iphone 4s still under contract.
I have been using it on T-mobile for few weeks without any problems.

I restarted the iphone so many times and restored it few times just to make sure and it always comes back unlocked.

UnlockStreak

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Today's Free iPhone Unlock Winner Is Alli

Congratulations! Username Alli won the free permanent iPhone unlock using UnlockStreak Activations for iTunes on the iMore forum.

Your IMEI is now in process and I will notify you when you can start unlocking.

Best regards

Mark (UnlockStreak)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Can the unlock be done without activating a new SIM card on a different carrier?

---------- Post Merged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Alli, since you're on staff at iMore (and therefore probably not a bot account spamming the forum), can you verify that this is a legit company? And a legit unlock?

Yes, but you'd have to restore your iphone as new, at the end of the process you'll get the unlock message in itunes, you can later restore from a back up.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Karen, this is legit and your phone does get unlocked , however, I'm not 100% positive we wont lose the unlock later on, somebody on twitter mentioned that some unlocks were kind of risky because the iphones might eventually get locked again, not sure if this is true... Maybe Mark could give us some insight..

You should send them your IMEI before you buy it, he unlocked my iphone for free and I didn't win the unlock of the day, you might get lucky too..

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Free AT&T iPhone Carrier Unlock + Lock Status Check Everyday On iMore Forum

Can the unlock be done without activating a new SIM card on a different carrier?

---------- Post Merged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Alli, since you're on staff at iMore (and therefore probably not a bot account spamming the forum), can you verify that this is a legit company? And a legit unlock?

Will post a screen shot as soon as my unlock comes through. :)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Will Strafach is having a special sale, selling unlocks at 13 dollars if you email him before 11am EST. He's at @chronic on twitter I didn't use his services but he was recommended as a stand up guy by Rene Ritchie.

UnlockStreak

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
iMore User Reviews UnlockStreak Activations

Jack John Brown, an iMore forum user, wrote an interesting article about AT&T refusing to unlock the iPhone 5, Verizon offering it as already unlocked, and about what to do to get it unlocked with a third party software (hint: enter the free iMore contest): Unlocking the iPhone 5: UnlockStreak Activations for iTunes | Jack John Brown

---------- Post Merged at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Sure thing. Just repeat the entering procedure.

---------- Post Merged at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Yes you can unlock without activating a new SIM card.

I would like to hear about Alli's feedback too :--).

Yes indeed my software runs on a legit company. UnlockStreak originally introduced the Dell Streak Unlocker 2 years ago and has been featured and reviewed on various well known blogs on the web.

UnlockStreak

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guacho, yes for sure. It stays unlocked - guaranteed. This is because the unlock is not jailbreak based where the unlock only works for a certain firmware version. Instead, UnlockStreak Activations make use of the already existing SIM lock / SIM unlock mechanism in the phone. It's like a hidden lever that gets pushed.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Got my instructions this morning. Not sure if I'll have the opportunity to run through everything before the weekend though. But I will keep you all posted!

Looks like it could be a bit - gotta get hold of a non AT&T SIM.

Last edited:

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

UnlockStreak

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You do not need to use a different carrier sim to see if it is unlocked. Visit this website to see status of your phone.

Alli is unlocking it, not checking the lock status. That site you showed does not mention the carrier it is locked to. I do give that information though (free of course).