When do YOU think there will be a jailbreak for iOS 6?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I know this gets asked almost every year and this issue has almost as much speculation and rumors as does what the new iPhone will have so I ask the iMore community one question; when do YOU think there will be a jailbreak for iOS 6? And when do you think there will be a semi-tether? Untethered?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 4 will have a tethered jailbreak immediately. The 4s might also have a tethered at release of jos6 the iPhone 5 won't be jailbroken until at least next year. And untethers for all devices at the same time, probably march of 2013
Source: I made that all up

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Source: I made that all up

Hahaha that's funny
And I meant to say specifically the iPhone 5, coming from someone who is currently an iPhone 4 user with it jailbroken, going back to stock will definitely suck, but hopefully I'll get used to it

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That's one of the biggest things I'm worried about is jail breaking. I have ISX and a lot of money invested into jail broken tweaks on Cydia SOO I don't want to be without it for too long. Of I know it's possible then ill update otherwise il wait for what BB10 offers ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too have spent a small fortune on JB tweaks and apps but i do not look at it as an investment, more like a hobby. there would have to be a pretty serious tweak to make me want to jailbreak again. i'm not saying i'll never jailbreak again but i think i got bored of it and saw no reason to do it anymore

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have spent a decent amount of money as well on jailbreaks, but the only important one that I'll miss the most is bitesms. The other ones I won't miss too much; plus my cool theme will be gone:(

lelemb

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Where do I get to read about the difference between "jailbroken" and "untethered"?

If I buy an IPhone 5/AT&T in the US and bring it to India will I need to "jailbreak" and/ or "untether" it?
Apple has indicated that:
US customers looking to pick up an iPhone 5 unencumbered by a carrier's contract will have to put those dreams on hold ? at least for a little bit. We spoke with several Apple Store customer service representatives today, who informed us that US customers won't be able to sign up for the unlocked variant of Apple's new flagship phone when pre-orders start early tomorrow morning. The unlocked version also won't be available from either the US online or brick-and-mortar Apple Stores when the...
Unquote

TIA

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Jailbroken means to compromise the security on the device to allow you to add unapproved apps/themes/files etc.

Untethered refers to the type of jailbreak. A tethered means you need to be connected to your computer and use a program to reboot your device. Untethered means you can restart your device normally without the need to be "tethered" to a computer.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711