In Desperate Need of Help

booksmeller

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all
I'm a jailbreak newbie. I have a 3GS ( I know, I know....ancient times, man in cave, etc....waiting for 5!!!) on 5.1.1. I've just jailbroke my phone for the 1st time.

All in all, I'm doing well. Learing slowly but surely.

BUT! There's one thing that is giving me hell! And that is iFile!

I learned that all the really cute girly tweaks/addons/what have you are not found via cydia but through various online sites, which one downloads via dropbox, then opens+unzips via iFile, then set in a certain folder and opened through winterboard for the last step. Fine. No. It's not fine! Nothing actually works afterwords! Say I download a theme, a slider, a notes theme, what have you, I put it in the themes folder in iFile then go to WB to click V, then respring. I reopen my phone and nothing's changed!

It's driving me crazy ! Is it because ALL things I d/l do not match 3GS!? Is it because I keep using iFile wrong? I kept moving things to different folders, nothing works!

I've already read all the "Read This First" threads for newbies. I'm still at a loss.

Tips? Suggestions? Advice? Powerpoint to a 5 y/o level?!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Be careful using iFile cause u can really mess up ur phone if u accidentally delete something. Make sure that whatever file u dl is compatible with ur phone not just OS. HD themes and a lot of theming will really slow down ur 3GS. Good luck.

booksmeller

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Be careful using iFile cause u can really mess up ur phone if u accidentally delete something. Make sure that whatever file u dl is compatible with ur phone not just OS. HD themes and a lot of theming will really slow down ur 3GS. Good luck.
Right, but is there any ADVICE? Or a user-friendly version of iFile? Since from what I've noticed, all the really cool stuff aren't on cydia but downloaded from diff sites. Thanks :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you take a screenshot of how you set up your theme?? For example, when you go into ifile and you go var/Mobil/stash/themes you have a folder called "v" (I assume from your post) what do the contents of that folder look like?
Also it's possible you are downloading old themes that aren't ios5 compatible... That's what's great about winterboard... Most everything is fully explained, like it's compatibility?
Maybe you just need to add more repositories to winterboard.
Modmyi has BAZILLIONS of themes...

booksmeller

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I totally just deleted iFile out of sheer fury and frustration. Ha.

Perhaps perhaps perhaps I'll show you stuff I desire and you might be able to help me out and get them?! :S

I wanna know how can i put several zeppelins on the status bar. usually only 1 is allowed...!?

how do i get cute percentage tweak like in the photo?

or that cute battery pink thing on the top right?

A decent passcode theme? Can't find a nice one for the life of me!

How do I put a theme for the settings page? Does it have to do with "SBSettings"?

And just in case, I'm gonna re-ask what I asked above - is there a user-friendly alternative to iFile?

another "little" thing - i find myself having to plug my iphone in and open redsnow to reboot at least twice a day... :/

I already have ModMyi :)

So yeah, loads of questions of another clueless newbie, I know, but so far you've shown great patience and help, so THANK YOU :D any answers to the above questions would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
There can only be one carrier logo/zeppelin at a time. The battery percentage and pink battery icons would be themes you run with Winterboard. Only certain parts of the settings page can be themed (also with Winterboard). Android Lock-XT is what I use for a pattern-lock and it is theme-able.

Afaik there is no alternative to ifile, but being that ifile works a lot like finder, it's not that bad. Also it sounds like you're tethered or semi-tethered, so you would want to install rocky raccoon 5.1.1 untethered from cydia as long as you're on 5.1.1 or redo your jailbreak.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711