Sbsettings toggle

Dakrikke

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone who knows a sbsettings toggle for the smtp switch? Or does someone know how to make one? I really want to be able to switch the smtpserver on and off through sbsettings! I've been searching for a long time now and noboby seems to know the answer! Please help

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Your question isn't very clear. What exactly do you mean by "smtpserver"? Are you running an email smtp on your phone? What 'smtp switch" are you talking about?

Dakrikke

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, thank you for your reply! To be more clear: i would love to have a toggle in sbsettings that switches the standard smtpserver on and off so that the mailapp has to take the alternative smtpserver! I need this because now when i send an email over 3G i use the smtpserver from my carrier, but when i am at work i use wifi and i can't send emails over my standard smtpserver and it takes my phone up to 30 minutes to send an email because he tries to send over standard smtp and at the end he tries alternative smtp and then succeeds! If i could toggle the standard smtpserver on and off, it would save me alot of time! Is this more clear? Thanx again!

Dakrikke

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
@ Sherlock: this would propably help, but this is not a solution for me as i work at 2 places and in one of them i can't setup a VPN. That is why i am just searching for someone who can write a toggle for sbsettings to switch off the standard smtpserver! Thanx anyway for your reply!

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
This is a pretty obscure request, since there aren't many people who have this kind of problem. A lot of these email problems can be solved with more simple methods most of the time.

What is the reason that you use your carrier's SMTP server? Usually, this is the alternate server if you're using an email address from your ISP and cannot send mail through their server unless you're physically on their network.

Perhaps a simpler solution for you would be to use two separate email setups using the same address. One can be set up to use your carrier SMTP server, and the other can be set up to use your work settings. If you use the automatic BCC to yourself option, you can keep them synched with each other pretty easily. This way, you just select the account that you want to use to send mail based on where you are located.

Of course, the best solution would be to start using an email account that doesn't restrict your SMTP use based on originating network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711