So...I jailbroke my phone yesterday and all was well.

Today my GF installed a retina theme (for 4s, not iPhone 4...) and it has disabled all the jailbroken apps and even my email. I need help restoring at LEAST my email, for work purposes.

Is this something simple that can be done via iFunbox? Or do I have to follow some other procedure (re-jailbreaking, etc.)?

Any help will be VERY much appreciated as I am new to this as well and desperately need to access my email.

Thanks in advance,

David

p.s. I apologize if this is the wrong section, I joined for help on this issue alone, but would like to become an active member here; don't want to have a bad first impression.
    09-04-2012 01:34 PM
    the theme didnt do anything that you said it has done...
    also some more info is needed...
    what theme?
    and what do you mean by cant access???

without further info i can tell you that you just need to go into cydia and uninstall all the themees you have installed... but like i said earlier, a theme didnt do this...
    if you cant even access cydia, turn your phone off, then power it on while holding the volume keys, which will put it into safe mode then you can definitely access cydia
    Last edited by 3cit; 09-04-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    09-04-2012 03:57 PM
    Hi Akratch

Do you by any chance have sbsettings or iFile installed?
    even if he does it doesnt matter, all of his jailbroken apps are disabled
    09-04-2012 04:28 PM
    There's always that too! I just assume that everyone is untethered at this point... But what you said makes perfect sense... Just need a tethered reboot, then install rocky raccoon! Or corona
    Last edited by 3cit; 09-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    09-04-2012 06:32 PM
    This sounds like semi-tethered. OP, what OS are you running, with what jailbreak? If she installed winterboard (which requires a full reboot) and he's semi-tethered, this is pretty much what would happen.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    09-04-2012 06:44 PM
    My iphone 4 was fine with redsnow 12b2. Once she downloaded an hd retina app from winterboard and applied it, my phone will no longer display email, or open any apps I got from being jailbroken (including iFile and cydia).

I have re-jailbroke it with the newest version of redsnow and removed winterboard and the theme.xxxx file located in the stash folder. I still cannot access my email or any of the jail broken apps and i've had the same bytafont through the whole thing.

If you guys can help at all I am open to anything. I used dfu ram mode (the top button) to re-jailbreak it if that helps.

EDIT: I am restoring via itunes now. I was able to pull off the only thing that mattered via ifunbox. Oh well. With great power comes great responsibility.
    Last edited by Akratch; 09-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    09-04-2012 08:28 PM
    My iphone 4 was fine with redsnow 12b2. Once she downloaded an hd retina app from winterboard and applied it, my phone will no longer display email, or open any apps I got from being jailbroken (including iFile and cydia).

I have re-jailbroke it with the newest version of redsnow and removed winterboard and the theme.xxxx file located in the stash folder. I still cannot access my email or any of the jail broken apps and i've had the same bytafont through the whole thing.

If you guys can help at all I am open to anything. I used dfu ram mode (the top button) to re-jailbreak it if that helps.

EDIT: I am restoring via itunes now. I was able to pull off the only thing that mattered via ifunbox. Oh well. With great power comes great responsibility.
    well, did you try powering it on in safe mode and then just removing winterboard and the themes???
    i think that falls under the "If you guys can help at all I am open to anything" category. however restoring will most likely fix your issues, but once again i want to re-iterate that the theme is not what caused this problem...
    just FMI what theme was it
    and when you say you couldnt use apps, was the icon there and when you tapped it the program would just force close real quick?
    09-04-2012 10:53 PM
    Not sure what to say, I mean it worked perfectly fine before the theme was installed...I'll look to see which it was, so others can avoid this potential problem. My best guess is that it wasn't compatible with something else I had, but it was most assuradly something that occured as a result of downloading the theme. All the other applications I had installed (via Cydia or otherwise) tested fine until it was put on my phone. I appreciate your help though. I will edit later with the theme name...work...
    09-05-2012 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD