I've just purchased this theme (along with BiteSMS) and have attempted to fix some of the issues mentioned in this thread, such as the Default Contact photo, the Back Buttons and the issue with the Send Button that occurs when your message is more than one line long in the BiteSMS app..

Could I get some guidance?

I have attempted to fix the Contact Photo issue in iFile, but the same 'Liquid' Default remains.. And I cannot find a file to replace the Back Button with in iFile,
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-photo-feb-12-13-31-45.png
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-photo-feb-12-13-33-44.png
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-photo-feb-12-13-32-45.png

Cheers!
    02-12-2013 01:47 PM
    ok so from ifile, it should start you in /var/mobile/ from there choose library, so now your in /var/mobile/library/ from there select bite themes
    so no we are in
    var/mobile/library/bitethemes/ select bite liquid then from there chatkit
    you will end up in
    var/mobile/library/bitethemes/bite liquid/chatkit
    from there you need to find three files
    Balloon_1@2x.png
    Balloon_2@2x.png
    Balloon_Blue@2x.png
    those are the chat bubbles
    baloon1 = green outgoing
    baloon2 = white incoming
    baloon blue = blue outgoing
    you can either delete them, or even better just rename them by adding an x to the very end or very beginnig
    like Balloon_1@2x.pngx
    or xBalloon_1@2x.png
    then open bite, go to settings, themes, and apply theme
    when you go back you will have normal chat ballons instead of the "tubes"
    just did this with success AND on the first attempt. lets make out?!
    02-12-2013 02:35 PM
    Yea - that might work. Is that an image to edit or something a little more difficult?
    02-12-2013 03:26 PM
    I've just purchased this theme (along with BiteSMS) and have attempted to fix some of the issues mentioned in this thread, such as the Default Contact photo, the Back Buttons and the issue with the Send Button that occurs when your message is more than one line long in the BiteSMS app..

I have attempted to fix the Contact Photo issue in iFile, but the same 'Liquid' Default remains.. And I cannot find a file to replace the Back Button with in iFile,
    i cleaned up the second post in this thread again, with much better explanations on how to implement the changes.
    just follow the post, save images correctly (which i believe you have done already) and save them in the right location (which i didnt explain clearly before)

Yea - that might work. Is that an image to edit or something a little more difficult?
    yes its the file names qc-shadow@2xpng in the var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid folder
    Last edited by 3cit; 02-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Blackfeet and nyexcuse like this.
    02-12-2013 03:49 PM
    Sweet! Here we go....

And thanks....
    02-12-2013 08:30 PM
    Hey so I got the theme for my iPhone 5, everything is awesome with it but when I go into bitesms and click on any contact, the background of the chat field is white, how do I make it black?
    02-12-2013 10:24 PM
    Hey so I got the theme for my iPhone 5, everything is awesome with it but when I go into bitesms and click on any contact, the background of the chat field is white, how do I make it black?
    you enabled the theme?
    sometimes you might need to enable it again.
    02-13-2013 12:05 AM
    Yea I enabled it again, I tried switching to another theme and going back to it, and that didn't fix it. Is there anything you can suggest that I can fix with ifile?
    02-13-2013 02:14 AM
    Yea I enabled it again, I tried switching to another theme and going back to it, and that didn't fix it. Is there anything you can suggest that I can fix with ifile?
    can you post a screenshot just so i know what were talking about?
    02-13-2013 03:15 AM
    the background is not black

biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-photo.jpg
    02-13-2013 03:26 AM
    no it certainly isnt!!!
    that theme isnt biteliquid though.
    02-13-2013 04:41 AM
    no it certainly isnt!!!
    that theme isnt biteliquid though.
    That icon at the lower left (to pull up the popup window) looks like biteLiquid—is it possible there's also a different theme running in Winterboard that is overriding parts of the bite theme?
    02-13-2013 07:46 AM
    Yea I have the theme ayecon and I was thinking that would be the problem...I went into winterboard and there are several parts to the ayecon theme, one being "ayecon messages"...duh! Now I feel dumb lol, it works now that I took that off. Thanks!
    3cit likes this.
    02-13-2013 11:30 AM
    That icon at the lower left (to pull up the popup window) looks like biteLiquidis it possible there's also a different theme running in Winterboard that is overriding parts of the bite theme?
    Yup.
    I wasn't sure about the wheel thing anymore since its been sinking since I wasn't using liquid.
    So to me the whole thing looked foreign!
    But if op has a decent "full" theme then it's possible and even likely that the theme is overwriting bites theme.

So, check out that aspect, see if you have a theme that contains a folder for messages.app and has folders jn that for Chatkit. And remove that, or rename so you can decide to go back if you want
    Hate being late!!
    02-13-2013 11:35 AM
    what are you using for your lockscreen?
    02-13-2013 04:27 PM
    What are you using for your lockscreen? I dont see biteliquid in cydia how did you get it
    02-13-2013 04:34 PM
    It's in big boss repo
    02-13-2013 04:47 PM
    In that same info plist there is are the names if the balloons and the buttons. You should look up a hex color chart, then you can play with the TEXT COLORS INSIDE THE button.
    I'm in the folders, but i'm a bit unsure of what file I need to look for exactly. All I want to do is change the incoming messages bubbles from other people to be a light greyish color with a standard black font color. Not sure what exactly I need to change and before I continue to drive myself crazy hopefully someone can help.
    02-13-2013 05:38 PM
    The bubble needs to be replaced for the color fix.
    So if you have photoshop, or gimp, or an equivalent, pull the bubble from your phone from
    Var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid/Chatkit
    Using ifunbox, or ssh, or use ifile And email it to yourself. Fix the color to the color you want, then put it back, in that folder
    It's named Balloon_2 @2x.png
    02-13-2013 05:49 PM

I have attempted to fix the Contact Photo issue in iFile, but the same 'Liquid' Default remains..
    Cheers!
    i cleaned up the second post in this thread again, with much better explanations on how to implement the changes.
    just follow the post, save images correctly (which i believe you have done already) and save them in the right location (which i didnt explain clearly before)
    For anyone having the Contact image problem, there are actually two places that image is stored (at least in the latest update):

save in this location, like the post says: var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid
    But also:
    save in this location: var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid/biteSMS

I'm sure 3cit will update the post again!
    3cit and Navmacs like this.
    02-14-2013 10:07 AM
    It's gotta be there twice??
    He did that before In the beginning with the winterboard thing!
    good looking out, I'll fix it.
    02-14-2013 01:11 PM
    It's gotta be there twice??
    He did that before In the beginning with the winterboard thing!
    good looking out, I'll fix it.
    Well, it was in mine twice, but I kind of suspect only the new one needs to be changes (the one in the bitesms folder) since changing the old one did nothing.
    02-14-2013 01:17 PM
    Ok. Blackfeet, ran into an issue!
    Here's what I created to determine where to place the line on the shadow to create a separation

And here's what happened when i opened a new qc!

So apparently, the shadow is "convex" in shape?

however within that giant yellow streak you can clearly see the definition between the shape of the two different fields, so its stil possible i guess,. just need to have 2 EXTREMELY FINE lines within the position of that yellow line, which is right above the center it appears.
    Last edited by yoda284; 02-14-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    02-14-2013 06:29 PM
    Hey thanks for that! That is the general idea of what I am trying to accomlish. I just haven't been able to figure out where, within the image, to place that line. I am always too high or too low. Perhaps I'll try and overlay your image above on Gimp and see how that works.
    02-15-2013 12:04 PM
    Please, can anyone tell me what's the name of the black keyboard theme ?? Thank's
    Last edited by Skmoncef; 02-15-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    02-15-2013 12:25 PM
168 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD