This theme was just updated in Cydia. You do not need to use winter board to activate this theme anymore and the buttons are fixed as well!

02-08-2013 01:17 PM
    This worked. Thanks a lot for taking a look, both of you.

EDIT: In response to Sharma...That figures. Lol. Thanks regardless.
    02-08-2013 01:31 PM
    This theme was just updated in Cydia. You do not need to use winter board to activate this theme anymore and the buttons are fixed as well!
    so winterboard isnt needed anymore for the chat pop up box? with the smileys?
    and is it stock now with the black reply with white text? or do you still need to edit that text file to have it be that color?
    02-08-2013 01:51 PM
    No you have to install winter board to install the theme but you do not need to activate it with winter board. Also the transparency and everything is already put into the theme.
    02-08-2013 01:53 PM
    Oddly enough, I had JUST decided to go back to the white background/black text this morning, so now I'm theming it the other way!
    02-08-2013 03:00 PM
    Oddly enough, I had JUST decided to go back to the white background/black text this morning, so now I'm theming it the other way!
    the dev shouldve given me credit! i know he was here before!

so the "smileys" pop up is themed? it doesnt need the winterboard part anymore?
    02-08-2013 03:11 PM
    @3cit, or anyone, did anybody ever figure out which image is the QR image? As in, if I wanted to modify the QR "square" to some degree. which image is it?

I know we have gone down this road before, just hoping somebody has figured it out..

Thanks...
    02-10-2013 08:28 PM
    Yeah, it's not actually an image, it's the background! Everything else is the image over the background
    So to differentiate between the two you could use a different "black" like a charcoal ish color? Or dark gray? Something like that
    02-10-2013 10:55 PM
    I was afraid that was the case. I was interested in trying to put a thin border around the whole thing, but...

Thanks all the same.
    02-10-2013 11:15 PM
    well i thought you just wanted a border around the part where the text box was... maybe we could edit the ENTIRE box to have a few lines in it, just at the approiate spots, but im not sure that its always the same spot... because doesnt it change depending on how much text was received?
    like maybe the one called qc-shadow, maybe if we put in a couple of white lines in that... ill try it out now actually! ill keep you posted...
    02-10-2013 11:26 PM
    I simplified my thought process down to just a border around the whole box. I gave up on the idea I was working on before - too many hours spent with no positive result = threw in the towel.
    02-10-2013 11:52 PM
    Yeah that attempt was a no go
    Did you every manage to get a border around anything Except the "send" keys?
    02-11-2013 12:05 AM
    Nope. That's what I gave up trying to do. doesn't seem to be a way to separate it out like that. I don't even remember which image, or images, I was playing with now.
    02-11-2013 07:02 AM
    Will this work with Iphone 5 ios 6?
    02-11-2013 07:34 AM
    Will this work with Iphone 5 ios 6?
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-image.jpg
    redbeard and quacker24 like this.
    02-11-2013 08:05 AM
    I just purchased it.... It is not showing in WinterBoard..... How do I activate this to run on my phone?
    02-11-2013 08:20 AM
    I just purchased it.... It is not showing in WinterBoard..... How do I activate this to run on my phone?
    It's inside of bitesms: open bite, tap the gear icon, tap themes, tap biteliquid, tap apply theme.
    02-11-2013 08:26 AM
    So i love this theme and everything looks great in QR/QC- but in the measages app, my message box is still white with black text, and the keyboard is still the stock kb.... Please help!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
    02-11-2013 01:11 PM
    So i love this theme and everything looks great in QR/QC- but in the measages app, my message box is still white with black text, and the keyboard is still the stock kb.... Please help!

They keyboard is only themed through color keyboard. And inside the messaging app looks different because it's a different set of images
    What specifically are you looking for for design/theme within the main app?
    smijes likes this.
    02-11-2013 02:10 PM
    They keyboard is only themed through color keyboard. And inside the messaging app looks different because it's a different set of images
    What specifically are you looking for for design/theme within the main app?
    I figured out the keyboard- i would love the text input box to be black with white lettering though-

Just an opinion- id love for the message bubbles to be actual bubbles rather than attached to the sides of the screen, if you understand my meaning. GREAT theme btw!

02-12-2013 02:22 AM
    So simple!!!
    The power of bite is ASTOUNDING.
    For the bubble issue all you need to do is delete three bubbles or remake three bubbles, etc
    For the text, you just need to edit the .plist
    If you read back through the thread you will see what I mean about the plist editing.
    I'll post up a picture tomorrow to see if I have "your vision" correct

ALSO!!!
    Blackfeet, I have a screen shot for you!!!
    See the weird shadows in the background? On the top right and bottom??
    I think I can, through trial and error, get a nice light strip in all the right places to separate the fields!!!
    (pic in next post since I'm tapatalking)
    smijes likes this.
    02-12-2013 02:42 AM
    02-12-2013 02:46 AM
    So simple!!!
    The power of bite is ASTOUNDING.
    For the bubble issue all you need to do is delete three bubbles or remake three bubbles, etc
    For the text, you just need to edit the .plist
    If you read back through the thread you will see what I mean about the plist editing.
    I'll post up a picture tomorrow to see if I have "your vision" correct
    Thanks so much! You are very helpful!!! I usually edit plists right in ifile- but not 100% sure about how to edit the chat bubbles- ill play woth that tomorrow after work....

02-12-2013 03:17 AM
    Thanks so much! You are very helpful!!! I usually edit plists right in ifile- but not 100% sure about how to edit the chat bubbles- ill play woth that tomorrow after work....

ok so from ifile, it should start you in /var/mobile/ from there choose library, so now your in /var/mobile/library/ from there select bite themes
    so no we are in
    var/mobile/library/bitethemes/ select bite liquid then from there chatkit
    you will end up in
    var/mobile/library/bitethemes/bite liquid/chatkit
    from there you need to find three files
    Balloon_1@2x.png
    Balloon_2@2x.png
    Balloon_Blue@2x.png
    those are the chat bubbles
    baloon1 = green outgoing
    baloon2 = white incoming
    baloon blue = blue outgoing
    you can either delete them, or even better just rename them by adding an x to the very end or very beginnig
    like Balloon_1@2x.pngx
    or xBalloon_1@2x.png
    then open bite, go to settings, themes, and apply theme
    when you go back you will have normal chat ballons instead of the "tubes"

again, you want the text field, next to where it says send, you want that black, with white text?
    biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme-photo.png
    that part?
    02-12-2013 03:52 AM
    Yea that would be lovely

02-12-2013 03:55 AM
168 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD