Help help help :'(

joelrhodes

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 locked to the Three Network. I did the jailbreak using Absinthe and then tried to software unlock it with Repo.Binger...

I followed all of the instructions apart from doing a backup because there was nothing on my phone to begin with but now I'm stuck on the following:

"only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone.Please insert the sim card that came eith ur iphone......"

I put in the Three sim-card and I get this message, then I put in the O2 sim-card and its exactly the same :'( I can't get past this.

Ohhhhhhhhhh :'( Help!

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Binger method was circumvented by Apple not a week after the release of the exploit... somewhere around the end of april if I'm not mistaken. If you did not have your SHSH blobs saved from a time before that, it's normal that it didn't work. Now you just have to do the official iTunes restore to get it back to default stock settings. Restore it as new just to be sure. Jailbreak again if you want to. Use the Three SIM to activate.

And if you were refering to Ultrasn0w with the "Binger.repo", you have to know there's no software unlock using it for iPhone 4 now except if it still has the 01.59.00 baseband (check Settings - General - About and scroll down to "Modem"). If the phone has been updated somewhere in the last year without the proper method to preserve baseband, then you'll have updated the baseband's too. If you're with the 5.1.1 firmware, as I assume you are, it's probable it is updated to 04.08.01 or 04.12.01... You can still try the Gevey SIM trick if you're desperate to be unlocked...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit