NetTutorial - Send/Recieve SMS on iPod touch through iMessage!

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
NOTE - This tutorial will be updated as needed!

Hello everyone! I have discovered a way to send and receive SMS messages through iMessages on a iPod touch running at iOS 5.1.1!

NOTE - Before you continue! YOU MUST BE JAILBROKEN! And it's recommended to be on a untethered jailbreak also!

Here's how you do it!

Part 1 - Getting a Google Voice Account!
First, before you can do anything, you need a Google Voice account. This will give you the ability to send/receive SMS! To sign up for a Google Account, go to accounts.google.com and click on "Create a free account" on the top-left.

After you've gotten a Google Account, go to voice.google.com ! And sign in to Google Voice. There, you will need to setup your Google Voice. I don't know if you require a Mobile Phone, but if you have one, I would add it.

Part 2 - Setting up iMessage for Google Voice
Now that you have a Google Voice, it is time to setup your iMessage for Google Voice! You will need to go to Cydia and add the source - SOURCE REMOVED DUE TO PIRATED SOFTWARE!

After you have added that source, search for SMS GV Extension. MAKE SURE THE TEXT IS NOT BLUE! --YOU MUST PURCHASE THE APP!
Install that tweak.

Now, install another tweak called Springtomize 2 - iOS 5+!

Part 3 - Configuring Settings to use SMS

Now, after you've install Springtomize, go to Settings and go to the Springtomize Settings. Now, go to Capabilities. Turn Custom Capabilities to ON and make sure everything else is also set to ON!
Now respring your device by going to the Springtomize Settings Main Menu and taping reload on the top-right corner. MAKE SURE TO TAP RESPRING AND NOT RELOAD SETTINGS!

Now, go to Settings and tap SMS GV Extension. You need to make sure you have Check License set to on if you installed the XSellize Version. Now, type in your username and password under Google Voice Account. After you have done that, make sure Enable Send is ON. Now go to Receive Settings and turn OFF Offical GV app and turn ON Local Mail. Now backout until your at the Settings App.

Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap Add Account. Then, tap Microsoft Exchange! Under email, put your full email address from the Google account you just made, and under Username and Password, put only the first part of your email and your full password! LEAVE DOMAIN BLANK! After you click next, you will be prompted with another box called Server. Type in m.google.com and tap next! Make sure all settings are on! And finalize that account! Now go to Fetch New Data and make sure it is set to Push! Go to advanced, and make sure the account you just created is set to Push!

Part 4 - The Final Steps
Now, your going to want to clear the Notification Center of Alerts from your Email. So go to Notification Center and disable the alerts except for Badge App Icon. Now, you should be set to text! Try texting a friend or your mobile phone and text them back! If you are able to send and receive texts, you have successfully completed the steps!

NOTICE - I will be posting a video soon! So if theses instructions are confusing, just wait!

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
this works fine with a few extra steps, (you need to turn off imessage on the ipopd, if already on) and you need to make sure you tell people how to properly forward texts from google voice, in settings option has to be ticked to forward texts to email address, its not automatic when first setting up google voice
also, AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART you are directing people to pirate software and tweaks and that is a DEFINITE NO NO
you must BUY springtomize2 and you must BUY the gvsms tweak, fix those and this will be a helpful addition

Last edited:

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait, that's pirated? I didn't know that... I guess I will fix that!

EDIT - I have changed the link. It now shows a message saying it was removed! I will add the additional steps later, just needed to make sure it is not directing to pirated software so I don't get banned! =-3

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

... . MAKE SURE THE TEXT IS NOT BLUE!
Install that tweak.

that means that you want them to install a free (pirated version) of a paid app...
but youre close, also add the setup for googlevoice to forward the texts to email address....
then you could be done with your tutorial.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
NOTE - This tutorial will be updated as needed!

Hello everyone! I have discovered a way to send and receive SMS messages through iMessages on a iPod touch running at iOS 5.1.1!

NOTE - Before you continue! YOU MUST BE JAILBROKEN! And it's recommended to be on a untethered jailbreak also!

Here's how you do it!

Part 1 - Getting a Google Voice Account!
First, before you can do anything, you need a Google Voice account. This will give you the ability to send/receive SMS! To sign up for a Google Account, go to accounts.google.com and click on "Create a free account" on the top-left.

After you've gotten a Google Account, go to voice.google.com ! And sign in to Google Voice. There, you will need to setup your Google Voice. I don't know if you require a Mobile Phone, but if you have one, I would add it.

Part 2 - Setting up iMessage for Google Voice
Now that you have a Google Voice, it is time to setup your iMessage for Google Voice! You will need to go to Cydia and add the source - SOURCE REMOVED DUE TO PIRATED SOFTWARE!

After you have added that source, search for SMS GV Extension. MAKE SURE THE TEXT IS NOT BLUE! --YOU MUST PURCHASE THE APP!
Install that tweak.

Now, install another tweak called Springtomize 2 - iOS 5+!

Part 3 - Configuring Settings to use SMS

Now, after you've install Springtomize, go to Settings and go to the Springtomize Settings. Now, go to Capabilities. Turn Custom Capabilities to ON and make sure everything else is also set to ON!
Now respring your device by going to the Springtomize Settings Main Menu and taping reload on the top-right corner. MAKE SURE TO TAP RESPRING AND NOT RELOAD SETTINGS!

Now, go to Settings and tap SMS GV Extension. You need to make sure you have Check License set to on if you installed the XSellize Version. Now, type in your username and password under Google Voice Account. After you have done that, make sure Enable Send is ON. Now go to Receive Settings and turn OFF Offical GV app and turn ON Local Mail. Now backout until your at the Settings App.

Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap Add Account. Then, tap Microsoft Exchange! Under email, put your full email address from the Google account you just made, and under Username and Password, put only the first part of your email and your full password! LEAVE DOMAIN BLANK! After you click next, you will be prompted with another box called Server. Type in m.google.com and tap next! Make sure all settings are on! And finalize that account! Now go to Fetch New Data and make sure it is set to Push! Go to advanced, and make sure the account you just created is set to Push!

Part 4 - The Final Steps
Now, your going to want to clear the Notification Center of Alerts from your Email. So go to Notification Center and disable the alerts except for Badge App Icon. Now, you should be set to text! Try texting a friend or your mobile phone and text them back! If you are able to send and receive texts, you have successfully completed the steps!

NOTICE - I will be posting a video soon! So if theses instructions are confusing, just wait!

So does this mean I can text non-iphone users over wifi? And that I can read my texts on my ipad?

Looking forward to the video.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Rosenstar, yes!
It most assuredly does. I have my iPod 3rd gen set up and it works.
The only thing is that you lose iMessage capability, so you can't "text for free" with other idevices.
Some recommendations are:
Create a dummy gmail account, because you need to send messages to the email inbox, so if you are using your main gmail account you will receive a new email for every message received, I found this annoying.
There are settings in your google.com\voice account that must be set. You must have it set to forward texts to your email.
aefde3af-e9c9-1833.jpg

Also for the no google in my country account, there are always VPN services, and we should ask our imore VPN expert scarlet about that route

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
But yes, I wrote this tutorial for all iDevices. It should work even on a iPhone! But it all depends if you have on iOS version that supports the tweak. Now, I have tried to enable Phone on a iPod touch with the Phone Extension, but didn't work out well. Now for iPhone's, I will possibly write a tutorial on that for the Phone GV Extension. But will see. =3

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Guys, am I missing something here. I can't even work out how to send a text from google voice or do you have to have credit. Bearing in mind I'm in the UK. I mention that because I saw an app that used google voice, and free calls only work in the US and Canada.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys, am I missing something here. I can't even work out how to send a text from google voice or do you have to have credit. Bearing in mind I'm in the UK. I mention that because I saw an app that used google voice, and free calls only work in the US and Canada.

Once you have springtomiz2 and the gv SMS extension you need to set up the gvsms options...
To send You need it to access your gmail account with google voice set up on it, and you need to set it up to receive too, monitoring that gmail account

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Once you have springtomiz2 and the gv SMS extension you need to set up the gvsms options...
To send You need it to access your gmail account with google voice set up on it, and you need to set it up to receive too, monitoring that gmail account

Sorry to sound stupid here.

I need to have credit there then.

I haven't got voice set up right yet. This is my main problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox