How to unlock my phone after update?

hyuhin

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi

So apparently, my iphone 3G was jailbroken and I didn't know. The reason is because I got it from someone.

So after the update, it locked itself again.

Is there a way to unlock it now? I can't even access the iphone home screen... It keeps saying SIM is not supported.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Call AT&T (assuming that you're in the US) and ask them to unlock it. It should be well out of contract by now. If that doesn't work, send Tim Cook an email - I've heard that works.

Nick Johnson

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Here are few links which may help you....

1. redmondpie.com/how-to-unlock-any-jailbroken-iphone-on-any-baseband-and-firmware/
2. youtube.com/watch?v=6yOqa9QLhT0
3. youtube.com/watch?v=o7PCp7tIOVg

hyuhin

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I did call AT&T and they told me there were no record of the phone being bought in the first place, or activated in the first place... so they can't unlock it for me

Not sure how that works, but since I got it from someone... not really sure what to do. I have no way of finding that person again, and if I find someone to re-jailbreak the phone, am I going to lose all the contact numbers, photos, apps?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just jailbreak and install iPad baseband with RedSn0w. You'll lose the GPS, but everything else is gonna be okay. Use Cydia to install the package called Ultrasn0w 1.2.7, which will unlock the device. In order to have that package available you'll have to install the "bingner" repo beforehand. Google it for proper info.

In order to save everything, you must backup with iClouds or iTunes beforehand to be sure in case something goes wrong. But it's gonna be easy as pie, you could be done with it in 15 minutes from now without removing anything from the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox