Is there a tweak/hack/etc., that adds the Bluetooth Message Access Profile to the iPhone?
    08-20-2012 09:41 AM
    as in you want to automatically forward messages to a seperate connected device nearby?
    08-20-2012 04:53 PM
    Not really. My car supports Bluetooth, but my understanding is I can't send or receive text messages because the stock iPhone 4S doesn't support that particular Bluetooth profile. I was wondering if there was a work around for a jail broken iPhone?
    08-20-2012 08:57 PM
    from apples FAQ page
    "Siri also works with headphones and Bluetooth headsets. When youre using headphones with a remote and microphone, you can press and hold the center button to talk to Siri. With a Bluetooth headset, press and hold the call button to bring up Siri."
    so i imagine if you use the "hands free control tweak" you can activate siri, then you can have siri send a text message.
    that might be kinda a roundabout way of doing this, but its a start... and i think there is a tweak or even just a system option that will read your texts to you when you receive them.
    08-21-2012 01:19 AM
    so i imagine if you use the "hands free control tweak" you can activate siri, then you can have siri send a text message.
    Yes this does work I have used it in the past.
    08-22-2012 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD