Theme icon problems black sqaure or icon overlay

Dr00b

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been on here in forever, work is kicking my ass. Anyway I've been working on a custom theme but have had this problem. So the icons if they aren't system icons show up with a black rounded sqaure icon behind them. However now I'm having a problem where some icons show up with a rounded icon overlayed over the actual icon while others are fine. I've searched through the ones that it happens to but I can't find out what determines which ones have this overlay and which ones don't. You can see what I mean in the screenshot below I have underlined two icons you'll see the difference between them.

IMG_3978.png

Dr00b

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I found a fix only it didn't work on iOS 5 grrr now I guess I'll have to search through the springboard on the phone. I'll update later if I find the answer.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
was the fix you were talking about the one posted in here a few weeks ago from a zombie thread???
ill try to find it and post those instructions, but apparently somone found the shadow icon and all you need to do is rename it, or replace it with an "alpha" one

heres what this guy thinks

Extualy is very simpell to solve.

I did it in the ipod 4 v 5.1.1

Just make sure this is in the theme

Your theme\Bundles\com.apple.mobileicons.framework\
and you have to put 2 text files in there and rename them to
AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png and
AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png

Now when your choose your theme your ipod wil not reconize these files as .png so it wil not use them when you have this on but u can set it off from your winter board by unselecting it.

so when your theme is off your icons will be normal

And if your theme is on and u have still some icons that are not themed just theme them u can easely theme them your self bij addind a map into the bundle map in your them with the icon (maps name must be the name that u find in the info.plis of the app under identifier)

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you using photoshop? You'll need to use a mask and layer, then flatten to remove layers.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk