Alright, so this isn't "technically" a jailbreak issue but I figured this is the best place to ask.

I've got a 2nd generation iPod touch here that a customer brought in. The kid's sister got ahold of it and guessed the password wrong too many times and now it just says 'iPod disabled' across the top in red.

Normally for devices like this I would turn them off, hold down the Home button, and plug them in. iTunes then kicks it into recovery mode and you can restore from there.

Except this iPod doesn't want to kick into recovery mode no matter what I try. I've even tried using redsn0w to kick it into Pwned DFU mode to restore from there. It won't even recognize a device.

iTunes recognizes it but just says it's locked with a passcode and can't be accessed unless you enter it. Well, you can't since it is disabled.

Anyone else have any luck with these? I can't seem to get it to restore, it just boots up like normal even through my several attempts to kick it into recovery or DFU modes.

HALP! :P
    08-07-2012 04:17 PM
    Have you tried turning off while not connected, then push & hold home button & reconnect the usb cable continue holding home button until the DFU logo appears?
    08-07-2012 04:37 PM
    Have you tried turning off while not connected, then push & hold home button & reconnect the usb cable continue holding home button until the DFU logo appears?
    Yep tried every combo I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-08-2012 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD