BattSaver - The only Cydia tweak that can double battery life

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
one of my biggest gripes with jailbreaking is the FACT that it can take a toll on battery life. if this does indeed work as advertised i may consider staying jailbroken more often

plus pod2g is pimping this too so it must be legit??

Experience shows that the battery can last 2 times longer with BattSaver running ! Everyone knows that the largest battery eater is the data/3G activity. BattSaver will control the state of the radios for you.

Clever: automatically switches off battery-draining components when unused
Efficient: up to 2 times battery life and more!
Wise: extends battery life time by reducing number of charge cycles
Clear: includes monitoring views to check battery state in real-time!
Intuitive: with pull to refresh feature
Cost-effective: only $2.99

Requirements:
Compatible with iPhone. Requires iPhone OS 5.0 to 5.1.1.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just bought this as well.....Not to sure I left this on the normal setting. Anyone else have advice to get the best out of this or heard of the best settings?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Tried it, deleted it...

I got it, then deleted it.

Would turn WiFi etc off, but not turn them back on! Tried all sorts of settings but was too inconsistent. Gave up. I may try it again when it gets updated. Still they got my money now!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You all probably know of how I went a little crazy with battery life lately do this was an instant purchase for me!!!
I don't know how I feel though! Im still so traumatized by my battery woes editor that I have no trace of battery on my phone except for the popups at 20% and 10%!
So I have no idea if it's actually doing what it says it's doing

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I've seen conflicting reviews as to whether this actually works or not.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Had this for almost a day.

It turned all my location services when set on aggressive. I've also had to re turn my data on several times.

I'll see what I'm at, at the end of the day, I'm usually around 30-50 percent.

3 hours down and I'm at 89% so looking good.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Had this for almost a day.

It turned all my location services when set on aggressive. I've also had to re turn my data on several times.

I'll see what I'm at, at the end of the day, I'm usually around 30-50 percent.

3 hours down and I'm at 89% so looking good.

wow! mind posting a screenshot of your settings? i think i may give it a go

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 17848View attachment 17849

Radio wake up intervals is 5 minutes.
Delay before radios on/off is 5 seconds.

Also save statistics is now off. I thought I switched earlier but I guess not.

I would like to note that all I have done during these 5 hours is listen to music with light (maybe a little medium) use of tapatalk, Facebook, twitter, and eBay. Or at least what I consider light :p

The big test will be lunch. That's when I do most of my surfing.

Last edited:

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Bought this app and it's pretty solid. It works great alongside iControl, as I am on wifi most of the day, when I lose wifi connection iControl will automatically enable Data connection for me. Will be messing around with settings to see which ones work best for me.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, so after experimenting with this tweak, it's working the way I want it to. I just want to ask if anyone notices the radios turning on when sleeping to fetch new data. I have mine set to 5 minutes but I haven't been able to get anything when standby.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have tried to persevere with this but it's just too damn inconsistent! Yes it might turn of radio/WiFi etc, but doesn't turn them back on randomly. I have to go into settings myself and manually turn on data etc.

Certainly not automatic.

I can understand how it can theoretically save battery power. But as it stands for me in this current version, its a no-go. I have given it a fare trial I think.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
For the radios to turn off when idle and on when awake, you have to use custom profile and have the radios management to "on" and not "auto" for each radio you want to use. For example, if you are not in a wifi zone and have both 3G/Edge and wifi's radio management to "on" then when your device falls asleep it will turn them both off. When your device wakes up it will turn them both on and try to connect. If you are not in a wifi area then it will automatically turn off wifi and try to connect to data. If you are in a wifi zone it will automatically connect and if the option to disable data is turn on, then it will turn off your data for 3G.

My settings are 5 minutes data turns on in background, 5 seconds radios turn off and radios disable when standby.

View attachment 17865

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the update has fix a LOT of problems with this tweak!!! Works flawlessly now!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i actually disabled it because i feel like it would randomly turn off data, and not turn it back on, also it seemed to only turn off location services for weather, and even that was random, ill get the update now and see if there are any differences

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2