Cydia won't load fully over home WiFi

Chop

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a bit of a weird situation here:

My iPad (3rd gen) works fine on either wifi or cellular for all apps. However, when I load Cydia, if I'm on my home WiFi, Cydia will never fully load. I get spinning wheels, timeouts, and blank screens. I have to turn WiFi off and then it works flawlessly over cellular. This only happens on my home WiFi - anywhere else, Cydia loads like a champ.

The strange thing is that I don't have this issue with my iPhone, which is on the same network (obviously), same firmware (5.1.1), same JB version, etc. Cydia loads perfectly. I just don't get it - am I missing something obvious? I didn't have this issue with my iPad 2 (WiFi only), but I have with both of my new iPads (4G).

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a bit of a weird situation here:

My iPad (3rd gen) works fine on either wifi or cellular for all apps. However, when I load Cydia, if I'm on my home WiFi, Cydia will never fully load. I get spinning wheels, timeouts, and blank screens. I have to turn WiFi off and then it works flawlessly over cellular. This only happens on my home WiFi - anywhere else, Cydia loads like a champ.

The strange thing is that I don't have this issue with my iPhone, which is on the same network (obviously), same firmware (5.1.1), same JB version, etc. Cydia loads perfectly. I just don't get it - am I missing something obvious? I didn't have this issue with my iPad 2 (WiFi only), but I have with both of my new iPads (4G).

That is weird. The first thing that I would try is restoring and re jailbreaking because if it's just Cydia, then it might be something to do with the jailbreak or something has gone weird because of something that you have installed, like a tweak or something. Has it always been like that since you jailbroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have different repositories on each device? I'll bet you have at least one additional one on your iPad that is causing this mess

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
That is weird. The first thing that I would try is restoring and re jailbreaking because if it's just Cydia, then it might be something to do with the jailbreak or something has gone weird because of something that you have installed, like a tweak or something. Has it always been like that since you jailbroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just reinstall Cydia without the restore/rejailbreak.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate when op's disappear!! Where's the resolution here! It's like a show being cancelled mid season in the middle of a plot line...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
We all are! Nobody knows why king fu's Cydia won't load!! And he has disappeared... I think we have the sequel To tron here... "Tron iOS"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW