Are There Alternatives to Using Cydia?

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
[SIZE="3"]Hi Everyone,

I'm new to jailbreak and already kinda feel like my parade has been rained on. I recently completed jailbreak on my iPhone 4S and LOVED all the apps and themes available in Cydia. I was so excited that I completed jailbreak on my iPod Touch 4G....now this is where my parade was rained on. I have not been able to download anything from Cydia on my iPod. I receive a "Cannot Comply" error message each time I try to download anything. After spending hours last night searching for a fix. I just learned the error indicates that Cydia's server is busy or down. I tried downloading from Cydia on my iPhone....I'm now receiving the same error message. It has been almost 24 hours and I'm still getting the same error message. I have two newly jailbreak devices that I cannot customize and enjoy:(. Granted I did get to play with my iPhone day 1 but now I cannot. How long is Cydia usually down or busy? Does this happen often?

Are there any good alternatives to using Cydia? I don't mean to sound crabby but I was REALLY having fun.

Thanks,[/SIZE]

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
[SIZE="3"]Hi Everyone,

I'm new to jailbreak and already kinda feel like my parade has been rained on. I recently completed jailbreak on my iPhone 4S and LOVED all the apps and themes available in Cydia. I was so excited that I completed jailbreak on my iPod Touch 4G....now this is where my parade was rained on. I have not been able to download anything from Cydia on my iPod. I receive a "Cannot Comply" error message each time I try to download anything. After spending hours last night searching for a fix. I just learned the error indicates that Cydia's server is busy or down. I tried downloading from Cydia on my iPhone....I'm now receiving the same error message. It has been almost 24 hours and I'm still getting the same error message. I have two newly jailbreak devices that I cannot customize and enjoy:(. Granted I did get to play with my iPhone day 1 but now I cannot. How long is Cydia usually down or busy? Does this happen often?

Are there any good alternatives to using Cydia? I don't mean to sound crabby but I was REALLY having fun.

Thanks,[/SIZE]

Have you tried respringing and/or rebooting?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That has nothing to do with Cydia, possibly a single repository. That error you are receiving is because you are trying to install a package that requires another package to be installed... ie, sbsettings needs activator, so it installs it at the same time. You should try and reduce the amount of packages you are trying to install at one time. Then you would know which package requires another package.
Also there are "options" to Cydia, but definitely not for a "casual" user as I imagine you are...

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
@4Cit....thx u were correct! After continuing to receive that msg I restored & re-installed Absinthe. This time I did not install a lot of sources I found online. LOL. Everything is working good

I love sleeping next to you every night and I love checking on you first thing in the morning. iPhone📱. I 💙 you.
Sent 💬 from my iPhone Max using Tapatal

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
As for alternatives. There is "theme it" for themes. Then there's installous but that is not a topic for this forum.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
As for alternatives. There is "theme it" for themes. Then there's installous but that is not a topic for this forum.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Thx.....I'll be sure to checkout "theme it".

I love sleeping next to you every night and I love checking on you first thing in the morning. iPhone📱. I 💙 you.
Sent 💬 from my iPhone Max using Tapatal

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2