Thinking of JB for first time. But have a question.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I have had an iPhone of one sort or another for years now. I currently have a 32GB 4S running iOS 5.1.1.
I am quite happy stock, but I love to tweak and play and I am finding it hard to resist the temptation of a JB.
One thing that stopped me up until now is security. Obviously the phone contains a lot of personal data plus I use it for banking.
Will a JB compromise my security in any way? If so, is there any form of firewall/antivirus software I will need?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Will a JB compromise my security in any way? If so, is there any form of firewall/antivirus software I will need?

No & none. Do you let waitrons at restaurants take your credit card, and go off to who knows where and come back with your slip to sign? Jailbreaking is more secure than that.

It's safe as long as you stay completely away from any site or repository that offers what are otherwise paid apps for free... those are gateways to all manner of scum and villainy.

Last edited:

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Something important to know about jailbreak. When major new iOS versions are released they can take up to three months to be jailbreakable. This means that you either have to go back to unjailbroken if you want the latest OS or wait for it to be jailbreakable. You might not even mind waiting a few months since the some initials releases are slow or buggy, like iOS 5.0 and you just rather wait anyway.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Something important to know about jailbreak. When major new iOS versions are released they can take up to three months to be jailbreakable. This means that you either have to go back to unjailbroken if you want the latest OS or wait for it to be jailbreakable. You might not even mind waiting a few months since the some initials releases are slow or buggy, like iOS 5.0 and you just rather wait anyway.

and this, ladies & gentlemen, is EXACTLY what bothers the living **** out of me

hell i'd even pay extra $ to have a more timely JB with along with each major update. but no, we are at the mercy of someone's "free time" because they lead a normal life too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73