I have an iPhone 3GS. I've had it since the day of release and had NO problems with it. I've heard lots of people talking about jail breaking phones and was wondering if it is necessary and if I should do the same thing with my iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-22-2012 12:56 PM
    Are there features you need that you can't get with a stock device?

I just got a 4S 3 weeks ago, when I learned that I could not have unique email signatures for each email account, it was either take the phone back and get something else, or jailbreak it. I use the same phone for 2 business accounts (different businesses) and a personal account, plus a couple specialized accounts. They all need unique email signatures. This was a must, had to jailbreak or give the phone back.

Honestly, I can't believe Apple can't make a more sophisticated mail app than that, they forced jailbreak on me.
    07-22-2012 02:04 PM
    Necessary? No not really. Preferable? Absolutely at least for many people.

All depends on what you want from your device.
    07-22-2012 09:30 PM
    Are there features you need that you can't get with a stock device?

I just got a 4S 3 weeks ago, when I learned that I could not have unique email signatures for each email account, it was either take the phone back and get something else, or jailbreak it. I use the same phone for 2 business accounts (different businesses) and a personal account, plus a couple specialized accounts. They all need unique email signatures. This was a must, had to jailbreak or give the phone back.

Honestly, I can't believe Apple can't make a more sophisticated mail app than that, they forced jailbreak on me.
    Really!!!

I have 4 different mail accounts on my iPhone. Each account has their own unique signature

07-23-2012 12:16 AM
    Really!!!

I have 4 different mail accounts on my iPhone. Each account has their own unique signature

Was this done without jailbreaking? If so, I missed that all together and found lots of discussion about that you could only have one sig.

How did you do it?
    07-23-2012 10:41 AM
    Was this done without jailbreaking? If so, I missed that all together and found lots of discussion about that you could only have one sig.

How did you do it?
    Yes this was done with out jailbreaking!
    I didn't do any thing apart from logged onto my e-mail settings and edited the signature on each individual account

07-23-2012 01:30 PM
    if you're talking via device you must be using iOS 6 (beta)
    07-23-2012 01:33 PM
    I point to this article here on iMore:

Daily Tip: How to manage multiple iPhone email signatures with Mail Enhancer [jailbreak] | iMore.com

It is clearly stated that multiple signatures is a Jailbreak feature.

Are you saying BLiNK that iOS 6 finally brings unique email signatures?
    07-23-2012 08:10 PM
    07-24-2012 01:35 PM
    Thanks BLiNK, my position is valid then, with current version, jailbreak only to have unique sigs per email account.
    BLiNK likes this.
    07-26-2012 12:37 PM
    Thanks BLiNK, my position is valid then, with current version, jailbreak only to have unique sigs per email account.
    I haven't jailbroken my iPhone and have unique sigs for each e-mail account

07-26-2012 01:54 PM
    I haven't jailbroken my iPhone and have unique sigs for each e-mail account
    ok yes, we get that. mind sharing how you are doing this
    07-26-2012 03:48 PM
    ok yes, we get that. mind sharing how you are doing this
    I'm just editing the settings for each of my e-mail accounts. Maybe it can only be done on the 3/ 3G/ 3GS without jailbreaking

07-27-2012 08:08 PM
    I'm just editing the settings for each of my e-mail accounts. Maybe it can only be done on the 3/ 3G/ 3GS without jailbreaking
    odd. which OS are you running.. and maybe a screenshot of your email settings where it allows you to edit signatures?
    07-27-2012 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD