iphone 4 baseband 04.12.01 SW 5.1 jailbroken or not? Unlockable or not?

crazycat503

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am new to iphone and am totally lost with this one.

1. Is there as simple way to know if my iphone is jail broken or not? I used redsn0w and it did say process complete but then my xp got blue screen. My iphone was on easily with no problem and I can see cydia. But clicking it don't open anything..just screen flash and thats it. I saw contents of my iphone with ifunbox and saw cydia folder. Does it mean anything about the jailbreaking status of my iphone?

2. Is it true that my iphone couldnt be unlocked at all currently? It is running OS 5.1 on basebad 04.12.01. Is there any tool that can do the job? I read a lot about the baseband been the problem. Could it be changed like upgraded or downgranded then unlock itt?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Allow me to answer in reverse order...

iPhone 4 BB 4.12.01 can't be unlocked. No Gevey Sim trick (which doesn't even really works even in appliable cases), no UltraSn0w, no SAM unless you were jailbroken before and lucky enough to still have you SHSH saved in Cydia. And no other software exploit out. You're stuck with any unlocker's nightmare - for now! As I am, as I am... Bought mine used from some guy, received it on 5.1 BB 4.12.01... Mint condition, and I knew my lot before buying, didn't make a difference with the use I intended for it.

Good news is... you can't possibly get worse. So question #1 becomes pretty easy. Just Restore your iPhone with the official function on iTunes. Update it to 5.1.1 firmware still with iTunes. Then jailbreak using Absinthe 2.0.4. You should backup your phone first with iTunes, so when everything is done, you can recover your Apps and everything with a MANUAL restore (right click on the device in the left tab, choose Restore from backup. But you already did that, did you... well the first part at least!

MarianoArg

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Allow me to answer in reverse order...

iPhone 4 BB 4.12.01 can't be unlocked. No Gevey Sim trick (which doesn't even really works even in appliable cases), no UltraSn0w, no SAM unless you were jailbroken before and lucky enough to still have you SHSH saved in Cydia. And no other software exploit out. You're stuck with any unlocker's nightmare - for now! As I am, as I am... Bought mine used from some guy, received it on 5.1 BB 4.12.01... Mint condition, and I knew my lot before buying, didn't make a difference with the use I intended for it.

Good news is... you can't possibly get worse. So question #1 becomes pretty easy. Just Restore your iPhone with the official function on iTunes. Update it to 5.1.1 firmware still with iTunes. Then jailbreak using Absinthe 2.0.4. You should backup your phone first with iTunes, so when everything is done, you can recover your Apps and everything with a MANUAL restore (right click on the device in the left tab, choose Restore from backup. But you already did that, did you... well the first part at least!

Do you believe eventually we will be able to unlock BB 4.12.01 ?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It is said that people are working on it... it is said that they still would be far from succeeding. It is also said that nobody's really working on it right now, with all the commotion about the next iOS and the latest Absinthe jailbreak.

I believe people are working on it, but I don't think we're about to get one though.

Sorry to be the bringer of not so good news... :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro