Octopus keyboard review

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I had to disable Octopus. It's eating up way too many CPU cycles and bogging down the phone when typing. Hopefully he can address this in the next update.

felsmann

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had this keyboard for a week now, there are some defects like when type too fast it tends to replace with the wrong words... Like if you type "comp" if youbwere typing competition for some reason you get "could". Hopefully it will improve

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It really is a adjustment and I'm not sure if it has sped up my typing or not. I find myself looking for the words instead of just typing so I pause briefly after every letter. You really do have to change your typing style and force yourself to keep typing and let the words jump out at you.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You have to play around with the threshold. I have it at about 80% and it only gives me words that i use often. For example if i were ti type "twe" instead of "tweet" or "tween" etc it gives me tweak because i use that word more than the others.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it at the 80% level too with more success. I no longer use it like I need to, but it tends to feed me the correct words more often. So I don't get delayed by thinking before the next key press.

The Developer should release their demo with a higher default threshold if they want to sell more copies IMO.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It really is a adjustment and I'm not sure if it has sped up my typing or not. I find myself looking for the words instead of just typing so I pause briefly after every letter. You really do have to change your typing style and force yourself to keep typing and let the words jump out at you.

i was wondering this same thing myself. honestly i can type very well, with one hand! and with autocorrect i hardly need to look as well. i really see no need for this

the cash is not an issue for me. it would be the flow and workability

karnbadjatia

May 5, 2011
Visit site
There...but not there

Its on the right track i would say...but then it suggests the word but one doesn't still have the option of selecting that word midway...u still have to type it through...which makes it more like a nanny than a actual help in speed...great adaptation though..;)

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing? Downloaded the app but it says license status not valid. Is there something else I have to do before its activated?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Its on the right track i would say...but then it suggests the word but one doesn't still have the option of selecting that word midway...u still have to type it through...which makes it more like a nanny than a actual help in speed...great adaptation though..;)

Just making sure I understand you correctly.

When you swipe up on a suggested word, it DOES NOT insert that word where your cursor is?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
What am I missing? Downloaded the app but it says license status not valid. Is there something else I have to do before its activated?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yep. You need to pay for it.

Settings - Octopus Keyboard - Buy The License

Edit: it was 2 weeks ago, so my memory is foggy.
If you pay for it prior to download, then select Download The License instead.

Last edited:

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
it slows down my iP4 waaaay too much. i had to disable it. are you guys seeing the same thing?

It doesn't slow down my 4S but I will suggest a Cydia tweak that may help. It's called ClockWind. It speeds up your UIKit animations making your device faster. I don't even have it on the fastest setting and my Facebook app is insanely fast. Try it out!

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't slow down my 4S but I will suggest a Cydia tweak that may help. It's called ClockWind. It speeds up your UIKit animations making your device faster. I don't even have it on the fastest setting and my Facebook app is insanely fast. Try it out!

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to slow down the 4S given you have a dual-core but i'll try clock wind out. Thanks for the tip!

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been a long time user of octopus and love it. Sadly it still hasn't officially been updated for iPhone 5. It does work and the dev has an unstable beta on his repo but I'm not going to reinstall it until it's officially updated.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been a long time user of octopus and love it. Sadly it still hasn't officially been updated for iPhone 5. It does work and the dev has an unstable beta on his repo but I'm not going to reinstall it until it's officially updated.

Plus why would anyone give their "nickname" to someone whose first post here is asking for our paid for password/username??

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner