It really is a adjustment and I'm not sure if it has sped up my typing or not. I find myself looking for the words instead of just typing so I pause briefly after every letter. You really do have to change your typing style and force yourself to keep typing and let the words jump out at you.
    07-08-2012 01:24 PM
    You have to play around with the threshold. I have it at about 80% and it only gives me words that i use often. For example if i were ti type "twe" instead of "tweet" or "tween" etc it gives me tweak because i use that word more than the others.
    07-08-2012 01:52 PM
    I have been using it at the 80% level too with more success. I no longer use it like I need to, but it tends to feed me the correct words more often. So I don't get delayed by thinking before the next key press.

The Developer should release their demo with a higher default threshold if they want to sell more copies IMO.
    Sharma15 likes this.
    07-10-2012 01:04 AM
    It really is a adjustment and I'm not sure if it has sped up my typing or not. I find myself looking for the words instead of just typing so I pause briefly after every letter. You really do have to change your typing style and force yourself to keep typing and let the words jump out at you.
    i was wondering this same thing myself. honestly i can type very well, with one hand! and with autocorrect i hardly need to look as well. i really see no need for this

the cash is not an issue for me. it would be the flow and workability
    07-10-2012 01:27 AM
    Its on the right track i would say...but then it suggests the word but one doesn't still have the option of selecting that word midway...u still have to type it through...which makes it more like a nanny than a actual help in speed...great adaptation though..
    07-19-2012 11:02 PM
    What am I missing? Downloaded the app but it says license status not valid. Is there something else I have to do before its activated?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    07-20-2012 12:44 AM
    Its on the right track i would say...but then it suggests the word but one doesn't still have the option of selecting that word midway...u still have to type it through...which makes it more like a nanny than a actual help in speed...great adaptation though..
    Just making sure I understand you correctly.

When you swipe up on a suggested word, it DOES NOT insert that word where your cursor is?
    07-20-2012 05:53 AM
    What am I missing? Downloaded the app but it says license status not valid. Is there something else I have to do before its activated?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. You need to pay for it.

Settings - Octopus Keyboard - Buy The License

Edit: it was 2 weeks ago, so my memory is foggy.
    If you pay for it prior to download, then select Download The License instead.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 07-20-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: My brain has hard disk errors
    07-20-2012 06:10 AM
    it slows down my iP4 waaaay too much. i had to disable it. are you guys seeing the same thing?
    07-20-2012 08:58 AM
    it slows down my iP4 waaaay too much. i had to disable it. are you guys seeing the same thing?
    It doesn't slow down my 4S but I will suggest a Cydia tweak that may help. It's called ClockWind. It speeds up your UIKit animations making your device faster. I don't even have it on the fastest setting and my Facebook app is insanely fast. Try it out!

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk
    07-20-2012 03:27 PM
    It doesn't slow down my 4S but I will suggest a Cydia tweak that may help. It's called ClockWind. It speeds up your UIKit animations making your device faster. I don't even have it on the fastest setting and my Facebook app is insanely fast. Try it out!

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk
    Yeah I wouldn't expect it to slow down the 4S given you have a dual-core but i'll try clock wind out. Thanks for the tip!
    07-23-2012 09:47 AM
    oh yeah he definitely has a great product and he's worked very hard on it and i seriously am not trying to knock him. it's just frustrating is all.
    id like to try this tweak, but i dont want to spend $5 to try it. can i have your nickname to try it?
    03-19-2013 06:44 PM
    I've been a long time user of octopus and love it. Sadly it still hasn't officially been updated for iPhone 5. It does work and the dev has an unstable beta on his repo but I'm not going to reinstall it until it's officially updated.
    03-19-2013 10:46 PM
    I've been a long time user of octopus and love it. Sadly it still hasn't officially been updated for iPhone 5. It does work and the dev has an unstable beta on his repo but I'm not going to reinstall it until it's officially updated.
    Plus why would anyone give their "nickname" to someone whose first post here is asking for our paid for password/username??

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    03-19-2013 11:17 PM
    id like to try this tweak, but i dont want to spend $5 to try it. can i have your nickname to try it?
    Sorry bro, I use it religiously now. I lowered the suggestion threshold and that resolved my issues. I think there is a trial for it though, no?
    03-30-2013 06:44 AM
    The developer promised a major update on Twitter several weeks ago but it hasn't been updated yet. He said that he was going to change it so that you could access the dictionary and remove individual words and other improvements. He used to be really good at updates and replying to inquiries but not so much lately

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    03-30-2013 10:07 AM
    I've been using this tweak for over a year now, and it's one of the main reasons I've decided not to upgrade to IOS 7. Octopus Keyboard is one of the best tweaks out there and it really improves my typing speed. It takes a while to get used to, but once it starts learning more words it works seamlessly. Also, I highly recommend installing Color Keyboard and using the Silver MacBook theme (it has lighter gaps that provide good contrast with the OC's suggested words).Octopus keyboard review-photo.png
    Last edited by jsuddu0109; 12-24-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    09-19-2013 01:05 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD