Has anyone noticed or is anyone aware of this not working.

Just got a new handset from apple and mine has been pending for days. I can't use TU on my windows laptop after trying everything as some of you may be aware and I would feel so much better if my SHSH blob file was saved before an update comes out.

I'm getting really worried!

Does the latest version of Redsnow, plus you blobs direct from the handset or Cydia's server?

Thanks
    07-03-2012 01:38 PM
    You can save your blobs using ifaith
    07-03-2012 03:43 PM
    You can save your blobs using ifaith
    I've used that before for 5.0.1 and yeah it's great. But is it compatible with 5.1.1. I thought it was only up to 5.0.1? That's what it says on the developers blog. Never tried it though. Although I'm sure the software says only up to 5.0.1 when you run it.

Thanks

Can I use Redsn0w?
    07-04-2012 03:55 AM
    You should really look into why tinyumbrella isn't working. If it were my phone, I'd look for any other way to get it to run, whether by virtual machine or another PC.

Cydia isn't broken or anything, your problem is that you just haven't reached the top of the queue. When there are a lot of jailbreaks happening all at once on brand-new devices, which just happened fairly recently, Cydia will try not to flood Apple's servers by dumping all of the requests at once. They will be queued up and trickled in over a period of time - which might be considerable.

Tinyumbrella is really the best way to jump to the head of the line. If you request the blobs though Cydia, they will be immediatly requested from Apple via Cydia, which will store them both on Cydia's servers AND locally on your computer.

Beware that the worry about loosing your blobs while they are pending in Cydia is a very real threat; it's happened to me. My request was pending all the way up to the update, and then it was too late. Lucky for me, however, there was a new jailbreak released for the later iOS version, which I made darn sure that I pulled it locally.
    07-04-2012 05:10 AM
    You should really look into why tinyumbrella isn't working. If it were my phone, I'd look for any other way to get it to run, whether by virtual machine or another PC.

Cydia isn't broken or anything, your problem is that you just haven't reached the top of the queue. When there are a lot of jailbreaks happening all at once on brand-new devices, which just happened fairly recently, Cydia will try not to flood Apple's servers by dumping all of the requests at once. They will be queued up and trickled in over a period of time - which might be considerable.

Tinyumbrella is really the best way to jump to the head of the line. If you request the blobs though Cydia, they will be immediatly requested from Apple via Cydia, which will store them both on Cydia's servers AND locally on your computer.

Beware that the worry about loosing your blobs while they are pending in Cydia is a very real threat; it's happened to me. My request was pending all the way up to the update, and then it was too late. Lucky for me, however, there was a new jailbreak released for the later iOS version, which I made darn sure that I pulled it locally.
    Hey, thanks for your reply. Here is my TU problem: http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=235117

Also, ever since redsn0w started supporting A4 devices. I had problems with my laptop there to:

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=235280

To be honest I gave up in the end with my laptop, but I much prefer to use redsn0w for everything as I find it very reliable. Of course this time round I had to use Absinthe. However not experience any problems.

I've never used a virtual machine before. How can u do that?

Thanks
    07-04-2012 05:44 AM
    Virtual machines are great.... You should go to oracle.com and get the VMware, then find a google tutorial on setting it up, generally though, just use defaults and you'll get a nice 20 gig windows machine that can do most everything...
    I did however have a problem getting my virtual machine to install the drivers and recognize my phone while in dfu state!
    Also, I'm pretty sure I made blobs for my 5.1.1 from Ifaith
    07-04-2012 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD