Typophone 4 theme adjustments

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Currently using the typophone 4 lock screen. I'd like to tweak it a bit. I'd like to change the colors of some the text, change the ">>" slider to a different image, and change the "unlock" text to say something else. How can I go about doing all this?

TIA

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Typophone is an odd duck among themes, because all the text are actually images. If you open up the theme folder you'll find them (in the Private folder if I recall). Then all you need to do is make your own or change the colors in Photoshop, and give them the same file names. Replace at will to come up with a new theme.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I always load my themes myself (instead of through Cydia) for exactly that reason. Or make a copy and rename it...I have 3 different Typophone themes alone right now!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I always load my themes myself (instead of through Cydia) for exactly that reason. Or make a copy and rename it...I have 3 different Typophone themes alone right now!

would you mind sharing?

I modified the slider text - so that it's just blank (transparent) because i use an app called SliderWidth (which you can set the slider text).. but have not modified the actual slider arrows >>, which I hate. I guess I could just do the same...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I could but they're really easily modded?I just found slider replacements online (google search for sliders or the actual filename, and try restricting it to the same image size) and renamed them and replaced them in a theme copy.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
(Mine are also modified to work with the Wallpaper JPEGifier tweak to let me change wallpapers the native way so if you don't use that you probably don't want my full themes. If you do just remind me in a few days?I'm away from my computer for a bit.)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Massie anyways.. appreciate the offer, but since you have them customized with other programs, I think I'll just try and mod them myself.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I think it's actually more fun that way at any rate?digging around in themes can be a great creative outlet! In fact if you look up a theme called Inlay you'll find that the whole theme was created just by modding Typophone 4! With some drive and patience you can really do a lot with it (just be sure to keep a clean copy somewhere just in case).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh