Currently using the typophone 4 lock screen. I'd like to tweak it a bit. I'd like to change the colors of some the text, change the ">>" slider to a different image, and change the "unlock" text to say something else. How can I go about doing all this?

TIA
    06-25-2012 05:12 PM
    Typophone is an odd duck among themes, because all the text are actually images. If you open up the theme folder you'll find them (in the Private folder if I recall). Then all you need to do is make your own or change the colors in Photoshop, and give them the same file names. Replace at will to come up with a new theme.
    06-25-2012 07:38 PM
    Yep iFile and Photoshop! If you do that it can be a pain when the theme gets and update and you apply it.
    06-26-2012 01:37 AM
    I always load my themes myself (instead of through Cydia) for exactly that reason. Or make a copy and rename it...I have 3 different Typophone themes alone right now!
    sherlock likes this.
    06-26-2012 08:29 AM
    I always save a copy of the theme before an update as well but find it easier to use Cydia.
    06-27-2012 02:12 AM
    I always load my themes myself (instead of through Cydia) for exactly that reason. Or make a copy and rename it...I have 3 different Typophone themes alone right now!
    would you mind sharing?

I modified the slider text - so that it's just blank (transparent) because i use an app called SliderWidth (which you can set the slider text).. but have not modified the actual slider arrows >>, which I hate. I guess I could just do the same...
    06-28-2012 06:26 PM
    I could but they're really easily moddedI just found slider replacements online (google search for sliders or the actual filename, and try restricting it to the same image size) and renamed them and replaced them in a theme copy.
    06-28-2012 09:30 PM
    (Mine are also modified to work with the Wallpaper JPEGifier tweak to let me change wallpapers the native way so if you don't use that you probably don't want my full themes. If you do just remind me in a few daysI'm away from my computer for a bit.)
    06-28-2012 09:46 PM
    Thanks Massie anyways.. appreciate the offer, but since you have them customized with other programs, I think I'll just try and mod them myself.
    06-29-2012 01:28 PM
    Cool. I think it's actually more fun that way at any ratedigging around in themes can be a great creative outlet! In fact if you look up a theme called Inlay you'll find that the whole theme was created just by modding Typophone 4! With some drive and patience you can really do a lot with it (just be sure to keep a clean copy somewhere just in case).
    06-29-2012 04:36 PM
    sounds good to me. having designed blackberry themes in the past I'm not afraid to tweak some things.
    06-29-2012 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD