Passbook App just showed Up!

capt_beard

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Had to post this somewhere since I couldn't find it online.

Looked at my phone this evening and saw the passbook app. Now when I launch nothing happens...

I'm not on beta, just a JB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1.

Picture for proof:
0wASJ.jpg

Anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone get it to work?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my iPhone and no Passbook for me (Stock 5.1.1).

Out of all of the announced features coming in iOS 6, this is the one I'm most interested in. I think it could have a lot of potential (but it could also fail terribly).

capt_beard

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
After trying several things (reboot, respring, App Store download, Cydia download) Passbook is still there.

When I try to launch it, it fades to black for a second then goes right back to the homescreen.

I cant remove it either.

Did Apple push it out by mistake or is it caused by the Absinthe 2.0 JB?

mattryan

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Had to post this somewhere since I couldn't find it online.

Looked at my phone this evening and saw the passbook app. Now when I launch nothing happens...

I'm not on beta, just a JB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1.

Picture for proof: Click to view quoted image

Anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone get it to work?
I noticed last night as well I had the Passbook icon. I re-jailbroke my iphone 4 a few weeks back using Absinthe. I disabled all my themes and it is still there. Very strange.

mattryan

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Possible FIx

I think the icon is apart of the iOS 6 theme I downloaded a week ago. When I disable the theme from Winterboard, the icon remains, but when I removed the theme from Cydia the icon disappeared. I downloaded some updates from Cydia last night, I wonder if the iOS 6 theme had an update to push that icon because I am 99.9% sure it was not there before last night.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just did the 5.1.1 jailbreak with Absinthe last night, but did not get passbook, it must be a theme.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Passbook is part of the theme. I have read elsewhere that it is even part of beta iOS 6 but does not work yet because there is no third party support at this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2