Iphone 4S JB 5.1.1 and AsssistantExtensions problem

keevill

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Am I correct in my thinking that the Siri addon AsssitantExtensions does not work properly with the latest 5.1.1 JB ?
I experience a hanging IPhone 4S when I try to send an SMS using Siri.
Disabling AE resolves the issue.
Other stuff in Siri works - seems to be just the SMS sending causing the hang. I can dictate the message and everything is fine up to the point of sending the message and then it hangs.
I cannot replicated *every* time I try to send an SMS with AE enabled - just sometimes and it seems to be the first message I try to send . After a restart, it *usually* works ok .
Thing is, I find AE very useful and I am wondering if there is some fix for this problem which seems to be a known issue.
-keevill-

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the exact samething. Sometimes my messages take a few minutes to send. I've tried everything you have and noticed the same results.

keevill

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to use 3G , AssistantExtensions and dictate and send several SMS this morning and then suddenly the problem came back.
Therefore
I have done the following
Removed SBSettings Toggles
Disabled 'Send by iMessage
Disabled AssistantExtensions
So far no problems sending SMS but not very satisfying
Any takers on this problem ?
-keevill-

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I didn't put AssistantExtensions back on after going to 5.1.1 because there were other tweaks that were more useful. Using MyAssistant and some others instead.

Matlock

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I actually use MyAssistant and after reading this Thread, I tried it and nearly had the same problem.

I'll send a Message using Siri and it does actually send. But it sends it as if I am sending a Text Message through the Sprint website, and not my actual iDevice. So, I get an email saying I just received a Picture/Video message from myself. With nothing in it.

It apparently must be the way these tweaks work with the Siri code. That's a bother, To-Say-The-Least.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
This problem has been off and on for me. Was really bad the other day so I took off most of my Siri related tweaks. Now Im taking assistant extensions off, thanks for figuring out what the problem was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2