For a long time, getting rid of lockscreen popups has been a core jailbreak function. Since iOS 5, we can now turn them off. Great!

Except.

For the few popups I do allow on my lockscreen, I want ONLY the popup--I don't want or need the lockscreen notification center that Apple built into iOS 5. (The place where notifications go if you don't act on the popup alert but don't unlock your phone.)

Does anyone know of a tweak to get rid of only that secondary notification center?
    06-19-2012 05:26 PM
    Have you tried going into settings, and under notifications checking "show on lock screen" to off for the notifications you don't want appearing in the lock screen notification center?
    06-19-2012 06:40 PM
    That also blocks the initial popup alert. I want to keep the popup and lose the rest. There is no native way; it would only be possible with a jailbreak tweak.
    06-19-2012 06:56 PM
    That also blocks the initial popup alert. I want to keep the popup and lose the rest. There is no native way; it would only be possible with a jailbreak tweak.
    What you need is a pop up that appears in the status bar. That way you know you have a notification, but no one will know who it is from. The tweak is called open notifier. Kind of works like a blackberry icon pop up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-22-2012 10:17 PM
    What would work is a pop up tweak for the status bar. Try Open Notifier.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-22-2012 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD