I jailbroke my iPhone 4 earlier this week and installed a couple of free tweaks to it, just to give it a go. However, when I went to my photos in the iPhone photo app, they mysteriously disappeared. Fearing the worst (and still a newbie to the jailbreak scene), I restored my phone to stock, and the pics reappeared. It's too bad, because I actually wanted to give the jailbreak more of a chance (and who's to say I won't down the road), but does anyone know why my pics might have vanished? I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. theory when it comes to jailbreaking, so if I have to do something really complicated to fix the problem, I will stick with stock. But hey, I did try it!
    06-17-2012 08:44 PM
    If you removed all content and settings (as you should) before jailbreaking then to get your photos back on the phone you would have needed to restore (from backup). This will save the jailbreak but put all your content back on the phone.

Sounds like your contacts were fine (you probably have them on iCloud). Basically you remove all your stuff, music, photos etc -> jailbreak -> then restore to get your stuff back -> then tweak away...
    mfm77 likes this.
    06-18-2012 12:14 AM
    Ah, ok, I see what I did - or didn't - do. Rather than remove everything and then JB (and then restore), I simply jailbroke. I didn't realize that I had to remove all the content and settings before jailbreaking. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the heads up!
    06-18-2012 09:45 AM
    Ah, ok, I see what I did - or didn't - do. Rather than remove everything and then JB (and then restore), I simply jailbroke. I didn't realize that I had to remove all the content and settings before jailbreaking. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the heads up!
    I didn't remove anything before I JB. My pics and contacts and everything were there when I was done.
    06-18-2012 10:11 AM
    Laura, do you think it might have been a bad iCloud backup? If it worked for you without clearing everything, maybe I should give it one more shot and then try a clean install. What say you?
    06-18-2012 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD