3GS jailbreak problem

Azreken

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. Brand new to this forum, but I stumbled upon it while searching through google and thought maybe someone here could help.
I'm trying to jailbreak my iphone 3GS, version 4.2.1, firmware 5.15.04.
I've tried using Redsn0w, and Greenpois0n, but with both of them I have the same error.
When I run the program, and put the phone into DFU mode, it goes off and into DFU mode, but the program won't recognize that it's there, and just tells me to try it again.
Afterwards, it won't let me turn on the phone at all, and when I open it up in itunes, it just tells me that the phone is in recovery mode.
I tried recovering it, and jailbreaking it again, but I still have the same reoccuring problem.
A swift response would be much appreciated, as I am in the military and I'm deploying in a week.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this problem was already posted, I looked for a while through the threads, but couldn't find anyone with a similar problem as mine.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How are you restoring a 3GS to 4.2.1 ? Do you have blobs saved ?

Is it maybe a 3G ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Azreken

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a 3GS, or so my friend told me that gave it to me.
Either way, I'm trying to jailbreak it by putting the ipad baseband on it, but with redsn0w it just gets stuck on the waiting for reboot screen.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
First off u can't restore to a old 4.2.1 .. If it had the baseband previous u have to use a custom Ipsw .. Or it will stick

If its 3GS you need to update to 5.1.1 .. Then JB reg with redsnow then re run JB to install iPad bb if you trying to do JB and bb at sametime that like never works

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Simple way to tell if it's 3G or 3GS is check can it take videos .. 3G can not 3GS can

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods