Springboard Icons Moving After Install/Uninstall

Matlock

May 25, 2012
Visit site
(Workaround: use BackBoard) Icons Moving After Install/Uninstall

For some reason, some times when I install or uninstall an app from Cydia and Respring, my apps like to rearrange themselves. I've tried using Springtomize 2's Lock Moving feature to try to alleviate this problem, but that doesn't help. I've also re-installed many of the Cydia apps thinking maybe it was a bad install

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Are you syncing with itunes? Sometimes this can mess up things with your "special" apps. ;)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's just some crap we have to deal with... A lot of people get this or the "white apps" and you just need to respring and rearrange

Matlock

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I found a pretty good work-around for the icons rearranging themselves.

BackBoard by Wynd is a good way to keep your SpringBoard organized if you are, like me, OCD about Icon placement, but also having problems with them staying where you want them after an Install or an Uninstall.

Simply create a Theme of your current layout, and if your Icons decide to rearrange themselves again, load your Theme, and blamo!! You got your layout back.

Not to mention it works great if you like more than one theme on your phone. Heck, it may even work to have a way to have multiple 'profiles' like alot of people are asking about.

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting idea about BackBoard Matlock. White icons and moving apps are a bite of a pain. Typically I only get Cydia moving and all the stupid built in Apple apps appearing that I hide. Re-spring quickly! :D

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
typically white icons go away after a respring, but the shifting icons is a pain. Will check out BackBoard for sure!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen