Problem with cnn.cn?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

I have been throwing around the idea of switching out the battery cover/back plate on my iPhone 4S. I wanted to take a look to see what back plates were available but whenever I go to cnn.cn, the site only partially loads. The images are blue boxes. I've tried this with both our iMac and my MacBook and no dice. I've also used both Safari and FireFox browsers. Can anyone recommend another site for me to browse or explain how to access cnn.cn?

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dare I say this it just worked fine on my playbook. Let me try iOS and use my ipod touch and see how safari handles it. Hang on.

Edit: OK on the touch the Site knows I'm on a mobile and feeds me to a special mobile site but all the graphics are there for the iphone backs and the Site seems fine. Must be on your end. Are you using any kind of firewall hardware or software are you on a corporate network?

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess it must be an issue on my end - and I have no idea how to fix it. I've never run into this problem and on any other site before. I'm accessing the site from an iMac with no special firewall or corporate software. Guess I know what I'll be tinkering with tomorrow.

Any quick fix suggestions would be AWESOME!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all!

I have been throwing around the idea of switching out the battery cover/back plate on my iPhone 4S. I wanted to take a look to see what back plates were available but whenever I go to cnn.cn, the site only partially loads. The images are blue boxes. I've tried this with both our iMac and my MacBook and no dice. I've also used both Safari and FireFox browsers. Can anyone recommend another site for me to browse or explain how to access cnn.cn?

Thanks!

I was able to load it fine in both Chrome and Firefox on my MBP.

One thing to try - try both browsers in "private" or "incognito" mode... in both cases, it loads without the plug-ins... it's possible that you have a plug-in/add-on that's causing the issue...

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I ended up using a proxy the other night to see if that would help (it did). For fun, I just logged on now and the site loaded perfectly fine. Must have been something wonky on my end. Thanks for all the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox