i need to what??

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so i just looked at a tutorial on how to replace my home button, which has been a little wonky lately... and ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????!?!?! id rather saw my arm off...
and im quite arrogant and proud of my technical prowess, but who in a million ears would actually try that???

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I Have done it numerous times as well as replacing the LCD .. It's actually not that bad but can look scary .. Just map out the screws in order don't rush

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree, 3cit. I read the article Ally posted a few days ago about replacing your home button. I am very tech savvy and would rather eat my iPhone than try to swing that repair. I have successfully taken plenty of gadgets apart but, aside from replacing my battery door, my iPhone will not be one of them.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I Have done it numerous times as well as replacing the LCD .. It's actually not that bad but can look scary .. Just map out the screws in order don't rush

You sir are truly impressive. You didn't tear any of the super
Flimsy connectors, or have problems getting out the glued in battery, or strip any of the screws of mess up your wifi connection???
and it fit nice and snugly back together when you were done???
Do you have special tools?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You sir are truly impressive. You didn't tear any of the super
Flimsy connectors, or have problems getting out the glued in battery, or strip any of the screws of mess up your wifi connection???
and it fit nice and snugly back together when you were done???
Do you have special tools?

Special tools?

More like superpowers...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you take your time you won't the tools to use are a plastic pry bar tool and some small Phillips screw drivers these are provided when you buy a new part or screen .. The connectors just pop on and off if you don't use massive force you won't break anything .. It all gos right back together as designed ..

The battery has a pull tab to lift it from the glue of u pull and use the plastic tool it will separate

I actually had a harder time with the back casing of a 3GS than a 4 both I was successful at both

Oh and I counted the 4 has about 27 screws that you remove to replace the screen lol

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BlackBerrys are no picnic either! Actually, taking them apart isn't too bad it's just avoiding damaging the device as you do it and more so as you put it back together. It SO easy to mess things up!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I Have only done a bb 8330 it was not bad but never tried a newer one

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods