Hi-

I was previously jailbroken under 5.0.1 I'm trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 but keep getting an error issue. So I tried doing a reset of my phone but it has been on the springboard restart screen for awhile. My last iCloud backup said 1.2 GB. How long should I plan on this taking?
    06-03-2012 09:57 AM
    Honestly it'll do that for a while. When the phone pops back on download tiny umbrella on your computer, save your shsh and go into the advanced tab and uncheck the button that mentions cydia. That way when you upgrade via iTunes you won't get that 1600+ error.
    06-03-2012 10:36 AM
    Did you try upgrading over the air or through iTunes? Jailbroken devices cannot do OTA updates. You have to use iTunes (they cannot use erase all contents and settings either).

I would suggest downloading a fresh 5.1.1, restoring then restore from your backup.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    06-03-2012 10:45 AM
    Did you try upgrading over the air or through iTunes? Jailbroken devices cannot do OTA updates. You have to use iTunes (they cannot use erase all contents and settings either).

I would suggest downloading a fresh 5.1.1, restoring then restore from your backup.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    Tried both. No go on either.
    06-03-2012 11:08 AM
    What error do you get ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-03-2012 11:26 AM
    Can't remember exactly but it was telling me it couldn't complete update either through iTunes or OTA. The reset has been going on 4 hours now.
    06-03-2012 11:30 AM
    put the device into DFU mode, while plugged in, then point to the iOS 5.1.1 firmware you just downloaded (hold shift button, left click on restore and find/browse the ipsw file)

it does not matter what process or state the device is in right now. just go thru the DFU steps
    06-03-2012 11:36 AM
    ok, I'm confused....

I would like to reset my iPhone4S back to out of the box condition. I'm on 5.0.1 with the old absinthe program.

What steps do I take to reset the phone? I tried "erase all content and setting" but the phone gets stuck in the springboard reset mode where the dashes go around in a circle.

Once that is done I'll upgrade to 5.1.1 then jailbreak under the new absinthe program.
    06-03-2012 03:24 PM
    Download tiny umbrella and go to the advanced tab and uncheck the box that says Cydia.
    06-03-2012 04:10 PM
    Download tiny umbrella and go to the advanced tab and uncheck the box that says Cydia.
    Download from Cydia or google search?

Looking in Cydia all I see is TinyUmbrella BootLogo
    06-03-2012 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD