5.1.1 upgrade issue

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi-

I was previously jailbroken under 5.0.1 I'm trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 but keep getting an error issue. So I tried doing a reset of my phone but it has been on the springboard restart screen for awhile. My last iCloud backup said 1.2 GB. How long should I plan on this taking?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Honestly it'll do that for a while. When the phone pops back on download tiny umbrella on your computer, save your shsh and go into the advanced tab and uncheck the button that mentions cydia. That way when you upgrade via iTunes you won't get that 1600+ error.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you try upgrading over the air or through iTunes? Jailbroken devices cannot do OTA updates. You have to use iTunes (they cannot use erase all contents and settings either).

I would suggest downloading a fresh 5.1.1, restoring then restore from your backup.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you try upgrading over the air or through iTunes? Jailbroken devices cannot do OTA updates. You have to use iTunes (they cannot use erase all contents and settings either).

I would suggest downloading a fresh 5.1.1, restoring then restore from your backup.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Tried both. No go on either.

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember exactly but it was telling me it couldn't complete update either through iTunes or OTA. The reset has been going on 4 hours now.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
put the device into DFU mode, while plugged in, then point to the iOS 5.1.1 firmware you just downloaded (hold shift button, left click on restore and find/browse the ipsw file)

it does not matter what process or state the device is in right now. just go thru the DFU steps

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
ok, I'm confused....

I would like to reset my iPhone4S back to out of the box condition. I'm on 5.0.1 with the old absinthe program.

What steps do I take to reset the phone? I tried "erase all content and setting" but the phone gets stuck in the springboard reset mode where the dashes go around in a circle.

Once that is done I'll upgrade to 5.1.1 then jailbreak under the new absinthe program.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox