I have an illegally unlocked & Jailbroken AT&T iPhone 4 16GB, using limera1n & Ultrasn0w on Cydia.
    The unlock & Jailbreak was done without a Gevey SIM.
    I have iOS 4.0.2 (8A400) installed with Modem Firmware 01.59.00. Model MC608LL.
    I have always had some Network Problems on start up, after Shut Down & Re-boot the GSM Network is not detected immediately & i have to restart a couple of times.
    Ultasn0w has not been removed after the jailbreak.
    The other problem i face is that 3G & iPhone Data Plans don't work.WiFi is fine.
    Is it possible to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 without upgrading the base band ?

Will the new jailbreak be stable or should i wait for some time ?
    05-31-2012 11:51 PM
    This is where I would start to think about going back to factory!
    06-05-2012 09:33 AM
    This is where I would start to think about going back to factory!
    06-05-2012 12:43 PM
    Yes you can it's called google redsnow

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    SandeepRoy likes this.
    06-05-2012 01:18 PM
    Yes you can it's called google redsnow

Thanks.The UnTethered JB is out so is that OK ? OR Tethered is better ? Read somewhere that UnTethered may have issues with iCloud sync over WiFi
    06-05-2012 07:08 PM
    Use redsnow to make custom Ipsw file then go dfu mode shift restore in iTunes

If you have a sim to get past the activate screen then do that and use absinthe for the JB

If you don't then JB teathered with redsnow and install rocky racoon to unteather

.. Unteather is always better than teathered ..

SandeepRoy likes this.
    06-05-2012 09:03 PM

If you have a sim to get past the activate screen then do that and use absinthe for the JB

If you don't then JB teathered with redsnow and install rocky racoon to unteather

OK.I have my new functional Vodafone SIM(non AT&T).Is redsn0w better than sn0wbreeze, or both are equally good, but deploy different methods ?
    Last edited by SandeepRoy; 06-06-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    06-06-2012 05:23 AM
    Snowbreeze to my knowledge can not make a custom 5.1.1 yet as it has not been updated ... Redsnow works as I recently update a 3GS from 3.1.3 to 5.1.1 preserving the baseband and also unlocked it.

SandeepRoy likes this.
    06-06-2012 10:34 PM

Thanks. Done. Updated to 5.1.1(9B206).Ultrasn0w, Rocky Racoon etc. were used.
    1. Now,I'm getting only one signal bar ? (my friend said so).But signal strength is fine.
    2. Still same old trouble, on re-start the GSM network is not always detected immediately & sometimes takes 3-4 restarts. Network Carrier has NOW been set to 'Automatic'.
    3. Had initial trouble with my own number showing up but that's OK now, & Facetime & iMessage have been activated over WiFi.
    4. Texts, Calls all Fine. Not checked 3G & Data Plan yet.
    Last edited by SandeepRoy; 06-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    06-07-2012 08:07 PM
    Did you use ultra snow fixer 5.1.1 before ultrasnow ?

06-07-2012 08:31 PM
    What carrier ?

06-07-2012 08:34 PM

Did you use ultra snow fixer 5.1.1 before ultrasnow ?

Before or after ultrasn0w, i don't know (my friend unlocked). But yes, i can see ultrasn0w 5.1.1 fixer installed in my Cydia pakages.

All the carriers showed up under Network Selection, i had initially selected 'Vodafone' manually, then changed it to 'Automatic' My carrier is Vodafone
    Last edited by SandeepRoy; 06-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    06-07-2012 10:40 PM
    I would leave it at automatic .. The fix needs installed before installing ultrasnow .. Is ultrasnow show installed or just the fixer ?

SandeepRoy likes this.
    06-07-2012 11:37 PM
    I would leave it at automatic .. The fix needs installed before installing ultrasnow .. Is ultrasnow show installed or just the fixer ?

ultasn0w is also installed. Yes to Network on 'automatic'.
    Other stuff from Cydia that's installed:
    BigBos Icon set.Cydia installer.Cydia translations.Mobile Substrate,Rocky racoon 5.1.1.

Other stuff that i installed myself - SBS settings & BiteSMS - just love these
    06-07-2012 11:53 PM
    Maybe uninstall ultrasnow and fixer reboot then install fixer then ultrasnow again and reboot ?

06-08-2012 12:06 AM
    Maybe uninstall ultrasnow and fixer reboot then install fixer then ultrasnow again and reboot ?

OK will try(my friend will try).I shall revert back.Thanks a lot for your help.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm reading about this Signal Bar problem everywhere - it's viral.
    Frankly doesn't bother me too much - as long as the phone works fine
    I'm hoping that the Network Detection issue gets sorted - it's effing irritating me for close to 2 years now,.... but we live. we learn
    06-08-2012 12:20 AM
    I norm unlock for tmobile but this is first I heard of it never had a issue before

06-08-2012 12:44 AM
    I norm unlock for tmobile but this is first I heard of it never had a issue before

I had AT&T remember..guess AT&T is special
    06-08-2012 05:44 AM

Okay, everything works fine now. Only the Signal Bar issue remains ( hopefully by iOS 6 the JB Gang will find a fix)
    07-07-2012 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD